The End of an Era and a New Beginning

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Bob in Colorado

My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Best wishes for you and yours to infinity & beyond,

Hank & Michelle Eyring
Thanks so much Hank! I can’t tell you how helpful this forum has been to me over the years! Wishing you a great future!

JAMES W

Premium Level User
VR.org Supporter
Thanks Hank & Michelle,
I have been on the site since my AVR in Jan 2003....
Good luck with future endeavors...All things change over time
Love to you both...

James

Mentu

Premium Level User
VR.org Supporter
My surgery was performed at Oklahoma Heart Institu
My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Hank & Michelle Eyring

Mentu

Premium Level User
VR.org Supporter
My surgery was performed at Oklahoma Heart Institu
Hank & Michelle, at a time that I felt quite lost knowing little of what was happening and feeling despair thinking about the future, I found this site. Your work helped me find many other people who had walked in my shoes and shared my experiences. It gave me such comfort to know that I was not alone and that other were not only willing to tell their stories but to help me deal with my own. Thank you for the years of work. I shall always be grateful.

Larry in Tulsa

Eva

Miracle Believer
VR.org Supporter
Very happy to know your site will remain and through which your efforts and sacrifices will be remembered, hopefully for ever!
The help, genuine care I found here, and the friendships I made are invaluable! I was lost and scared at the time of my surgery, and I found an understanding and compassionate new family here.

Many thanks and may God continue to bless you and bless Michelle, and bless Keith and Angie and all that will keep this forum running.

Bina

Premium Level User
Dear Hank and MIchelle,
Many thanks for all you have done over the years. In 2007 my life was changed so much for the better when I found this site, it probably saved me from jumping off a bridge more than once. The friendships and comradery here made my life worth living and the laughs were plentiful. Lots of shenanigans with Ross and my "old gang" of buddies.
Best wishes on your "retirement", hope to see you post a bit too.
xox 😊

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Dear Hank and Michelle,
I have no words to express the gratitude I feel towards you. When Joey was having his first surgery almost 19 years ago I felt helpless and lost. You opened your doors to me, invited me in, and introduced me to the most wonderful, kind and resourceful family I could have asked for.
Please check in with us when you are able to and know that we are all so thankful that you had this insight to start this. Sending love and well wishes to you both and your family.❌⭕

carolinemc

My VR.org Family,

Hank & Michelle Eyring
My VR.org Family,

Hank & Michelle Eyring
I have been here since before I had my replacement surgery and it helped me a lot during the years. Was so scared that we was going to lose this piece of history. But so happy we are all still here. So glad that you are still here. Have a blessed day and many hugs for today.

MikeHeim

Hank-
Haven't been an active member in many years, but decided to pop in just to see what was going on. I actually had the chance to meet you at a reunion back somewhere in the 2006-timeframe, just before you and some members were going on a cruise. Can't thank you enough for what the site did for me at the time of my surgery in 2005, and I tried my best to pay it forward to others for several years after. Though many of the faces seem to have changed since that time, the sentiments and community support seem all the same. Best wishes going forward, and just know that the site you created has helped more people than you can possibly imagine.

Mike

Dale

I haven’t been on the site for a long time but it was invaluable before and after my valve replacement in 2009. Thank you Hank and Michelle for your dedication and support. It meant the world to me when I was terrified of the surgery.
I learned so much from people who posted and Im happy to see many familiar names.
Since my surgery my husband, his brother and my cousin have all had bicuspid valves replaced and because of what I learned on the site I felt better able to provide support to them. So Hank and Michelle you’ve helped more people than you see on the site.

Consuela

All the best to you Hank and Michele. I haven't been on this site since 2015, but it's my go to site since my mitral valve replacement in 2005. Thanks for all the good information I have received and glad to see it is still going to be here.

TheGymGuy

I had to come out of my hiding to say thank you @Hank and Michelle. Best of everything to ya, and seconding what many here said. This site and its members helped me in the toughest of times and I hope to come back some and return the favors.

Grace F

My VR.org Family,

Hank & Michelle Eyring
Thank you for your service and support.

Squashplayer

Premium Level User
VR.org Supporter
Dear Hank,

As my 14th AVR anniversary approaches (May 2), I am reminded of how much this site and you personally and Michelle and many fellow members of the site have meant to me and my wife, Nancy.
You and our ValveReplacement colleagues have provided guidance and reassurance during times of stress and during happy times as well.

"Thank you" seems inadequate, but we certainly do thank you for your hard work and sacrifice, and we wish you the very best in the future.

Richard

EasterRat

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Add me to the list of those in gratitude, this site came in handy when fear was high...here's to many more years of this site helping people.

starrman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Thank you very much for providing this needed service over the years. I have been on since 2007 and was part of a southern California contingent that met a few times before and after our surgeries. I am truly grateful for the forums and the friends I made at that difficult time. Best to you and Michelle. - Jim B.

sue943

Oh no! I decided to pop in as my 14th anniversary is this coming Sunday only to read this very sad news.

Thank you so much for what you have done over the years, you kept me sane and answered so many of my questions in my early days.

Wishing you, and all over valvers, all the very best for the future.