The End of an Era and a New Beginning

Gordo60

I observe that you're on the Sunny Coast ... I'm down the other side (and west) of Brisbane ... feel free to contact me for a natter if you wish (email me (pellicle) at hotmail for instance)
Hi @pellicle, thanks so much for your kind offer.

Before just recently joining here as a member I’d spent quite a lot of time reading historical forum posts including many of yours. You’ve been an extraordinary help to many here. I’ve also read parts of your personal blog. Some posts near brought tears to my eyes. I can’t even begin to imagine what you’ve been through. You’re one hell of an inspiration in regard to fighting on no matter what life throws at you.

pellicle

Hi @pellicle, thanks so much for your kind offer.
welcome :)

...inspiration in regard to fighting on no matter what life throws at you.
Thank you, its always humbling when someone says such things, I feel I've just done what everyone who was similarly confronted would do ... I can't claim to have done it in any sort of perfect or "stoic" manner. As you may have gathered my view is well expressed in the Shawshank Redemption: you've either got to get busy living, or get busy dying. Once I decided that dying wasn't my cup of tea (just yet) I've tried to get busy living.

Being a born and bred Queenslander I've always had some amount of gratitude for the medical system which saved my life (and I say that because for a 5 year old to get to become a 28 year old and then a >50 year old, that's saving a life), and so I've always tried to help others to deal with their heart issues.

Best Wishes

ottagal

Premium Level User
Hi @ottagal, a number of responses since thanks. Being a new member it appears that initial new posts required moderation which took the best part of a day. This forum is much quieter than forums relating to other interests I frequent so I know now that it might be awhile before other members here respond.

Fantastic information on this Forum. Hope it continues to go from strength to strength.

Cheers
Gordon
Glad to hear! Yes, this forum is invaluable for information and support. In the past few years, it has become a little more 'quiet'. Let's hope that some more 'lurkers' will come out and join us. Again...welcome!

jhusker2

Thanks Hank! This site was invaluable to me when I was going through OHS for the first time. We appreciate the contribution and sacrifices that you and your wife made to keep it going!

epstns

Premium User
Hank, as I have said before, I don't know how I would have made it to "the other side of the mountain" if it were not for you and all of my friends here at valvereplacement.org. You and this site have been part of my life for a very long time, and you will be ever in my thoughts.

Thank you for all you have done.

I think I will stick around for a bit. . .

marc_kowal

Thank you Hank for all that you have done. Even though I don’t visit the forums regularly anymore, it’s comforting to know it is still here.

Regards,
Marc

Latest posts