The End of an Era and a New Beginning

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Gordo60

I observe that you're on the Sunny Coast ... I'm down the other side (and west) of Brisbane ... feel free to contact me for a natter if you wish (email me (pellicle) at hotmail for instance)
Hi @pellicle, thanks so much for your kind offer.

Before just recently joining here as a member I’d spent quite a lot of time reading historical forum posts including many of yours. You’ve been an extraordinary help to many here. I’ve also read parts of your personal blog. Some posts near brought tears to my eyes. I can’t even begin to imagine what you’ve been through. You’re one hell of an inspiration in regard to fighting on no matter what life throws at you.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Hi @pellicle, thanks so much for your kind offer.
welcome :)

...inspiration in regard to fighting on no matter what life throws at you.
Thank you, its always humbling when someone says such things, I feel I've just done what everyone who was similarly confronted would do ... I can't claim to have done it in any sort of perfect or "stoic" manner. As you may have gathered my view is well expressed in the Shawshank Redemption: you've either got to get busy living, or get busy dying. Once I decided that dying wasn't my cup of tea (just yet) I've tried to get busy living.

Being a born and bred Queenslander I've always had some amount of gratitude for the medical system which saved my life (and I say that because for a 5 year old to get to become a 28 year old and then a >50 year old, that's saving a life), and so I've always tried to help others to deal with their heart issues.

Best Wishes

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Hi @ottagal, a number of responses since thanks. Being a new member it appears that initial new posts required moderation which took the best part of a day. This forum is much quieter than forums relating to other interests I frequent so I know now that it might be awhile before other members here respond.

Fantastic information on this Forum. Hope it continues to go from strength to strength.

Cheers
Gordon
Glad to hear! Yes, this forum is invaluable for information and support. In the past few years, it has become a little more 'quiet'. Let's hope that some more 'lurkers' will come out and join us. Again...welcome!

jhusker2

Thanks Hank! This site was invaluable to me when I was going through OHS for the first time. We appreciate the contribution and sacrifices that you and your wife made to keep it going!

epstns

Premium User
Hank, as I have said before, I don't know how I would have made it to "the other side of the mountain" if it were not for you and all of my friends here at valvereplacement.org. You and this site have been part of my life for a very long time, and you will be ever in my thoughts.

Thank you for all you have done.

I think I will stick around for a bit. . .

marc_kowal

Thank you Hank for all that you have done. Even though I don’t visit the forums regularly anymore, it’s comforting to know it is still here.

Regards,
Marc

chaconne

Hank, thanks for being there with your site when we needed you the most. I'm very grateful for the information over the years, which has helped my VR experience be a very positive one and allowed me to encourage many others as well.

-Steve R.

gerrychuck

Thank you Hank. This forum was utterly invaluable to me when I had emergency mitral valve replacement, right out of the blue, 6 years ago. I can't overstate how important it was to me in those first months and years. Again, thank you for all your efforts; they have been so valuable, and so appreciated, by so many.

FredW

Premium Level User
Hank, your efforts have provided a great resource for those of us who needed information and support. It is highly appreciated. I thank you. Wish you the best in your future.

enkaynj

My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Best wishes for you and yours to infinity & beyond,

Hank & Michelle Eyring
THANK YOU HANK & MICHELLE for your yeoman service to all of us. It has been a while since I posted on this forum, but I am back now to help others that are going through this ordeal.
You can use the break but don't forget to come back.

This was an invaluable resource to me when I got the sudden and totally unexpected news my valve was completely shot. Turned out it was Bicuspid. I cannot thank you enough for this resource.

Jennie

I'm going to miss you Hank. You guys and this forum were a life-saver to me when I was dealing with my valve replacement. NO ONE ELSE could give me the information that I received here. Best wishes and many thanks! <3

Marguerite53

Premium Level User
My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Hank & Michelle Eyring
Dear Hank and Michelle
I am just seeing this announcement and couldn’t let the moment go by without thanking you for creating this enormously important community. I simply would not be the same person without the connections and support that I gained from your efforts. You made a huge contribution!!
Thank you for your vision and your dedication.
Love,
Marguerite

DanO

Hank - just reading this today !!! Many thanks for your dedication as well as your wife. Without a doubt - this site gave me hope and great comfort before and after my AVR. I hope for you - best wishes, great health and a great deal of appreciation to keep this site running.

Dan

DanO

Hank - just reading this today !!! Many thanks for your dedication as well as your wife. Without a doubt - this site gave me hope and great comfort before and after my AVR. I hope for you - best wishes, great health and a great deal of appreciation to keep this site running.

Dan
My original login was BlindFaith

harrietW

Attitude of Gratitude
My VR.org Family,

Hank & Michelle Eyring

MarkU

Thanks for everything, Hank and best wishes.
Coming up on the 19th anniversary of my AVR and 18th years as a member here.
This place helped me a lot after my surgery. I've been extremely fortunate in my recovery and have moved on with my life, and as a result haven't visited here for the past few years.
But hoping this site will continuing offer information and support to valve replacement patients and their families going forward.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Hank, I would have gone crazy without VR.com (as Bonnie always called it). As I often said, donations to the site were much less expensive than visits to a shrink. I will be eternally grateful and always love you and Michelle. Mary

Latest posts