The End of an Era and a New Beginning

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Best wishes for you and yours to infinity & beyond,

Hank & Michelle Eyring

Paleowoman

Premium Level User
Dear Hank,

I have always been really greateful that you founded VR.org - there is no other forum for people with heart valve problems like bicuspid aortic valve, other congenital heart valve problems, endocarditis damage and rheumatic fever damage.

I was certainly surprised when I came on forum this morning but couldn't get on iit and saw a message that the forum "could not be found". Pressing various links got me on, but my avatar has gone - I'll look to seeing that later.

Wishing you and Michelle all the very best !
Anne (Paleowoman)

Seaton

Eternal thanks and gratitude to Michelle and your good self, Hank. ❤ You have maintained a stellar place of learning and comfort and community way and beyond the call of duty. I extend a richly deserved round of applause to you both.

There appears no other place on the internet that deals with valve issues and related subjects, and with the back catalogue of immense wisdom and experience contained therein, that this place does. My heart beats a little calmer today thanks to knowing that this site and it’s historical record has not vanished into the ether. When I couldn’t access the site last night my mind was wondering if all was lost.

But alas, a brand new layout and speed bump. What a wow. What a relief. What a pleasure. And what a beautiful day.

Onwards ... 🌞

Gordo60

New member but long time lurker. Over time I’ve looked at all the major heart valve / aneurysm type sites and forums but nothing compares to this one. The discussion here is incredible. I’m so thrilled that this forum is likely to stay afloat.

Thank you to the original founder and all members here for sharing your invaluable information. Hopefully I can contribute something useful in the future.

ottagal

Premium Level User
Hank, A heartfelt thanks to you and Michelle for all you have done to keep this forum up and running over the years. I agree with others, there is NO other forum that exists such as this one for support for those and loved ones with valve disease. This must be a bittersweet day for you, but I am so very happy that it will continue to run with the new ownership. So far, so good with connect to it. I hope that you do drop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing. Enjoy your time to do the things you want to do. God bless.

pellicle

Thanks Hank, I hope you find time now to do all those things which you may have put to one side due to the duties of this site.

You and Ross (rest his soul) sure did a ton for so many over so long.

I hope you got a satisfactory price too :)

hatTip.gif

JLmatus

My VR.org Family,

As of today, April 8th 2019, I am no longer the owner or operator of ValveReplacement.org or .com. The site has been acquired by another organization who runs multiple online forums such as this one.

For the past 20 years, many of you have contributed in such away that you and the sacrifice of My wife Michelle and I have been able to help hundreds of thousands if not millions to have a resource for heart valve related surgery and the effects suc an even has on everyone’s lives.

Even with the kind donations and support we have received, we have still been operating this site in the red for quite some time and it is a miracle that we have been able to keep it running for as long as it has.

You are all very special to us and if we are lucky enough that the new owners choose to continue this forum (which I believe they will, we will continue to participate from time to time.

Thank you all so much for your contributions of your experiences and your compassion and in some cases your monetary contributions.

We changed the world for Heart Valve Replacement information on the internet, and we did it together.

Best wishes for you and yours to infinity & beyond,

Hank & Michelle Eyring

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Thank you all for your kind words. It has been a labor of love for a good chunk of my life. I most definitely did NOT get very much $$ for the handover of the site, but while $$ is a huge factor, it wasn't my number one wish. It was more important to me to have the resource remain in some fashion then to just "take the money and run".
April 2nd was my 20th anniversary since my valve replacement and my 30th anniversary of being married. I never would have guessed that 20 years later, this forum would still be going and in order to ensure it lived on it would be best for me to step aside.
Helping one person get through the life altering experience of valve replacement surgery made it worthwhile. Helping hundreds of thousands makes losing the site bearable and leaves me with a feeling of satisfaction that I am grateful for.
Best wishes to all of you and is you ever need any aerial (drone) video, photography or mapping services done, please feel free to give me a ring. hank@skycamaz.com SkyCamAZ on Vimeo

tom in MO

Thanks Hank.

Good luck with your new endeavors. I'll bet you drone photographers have made the helicopter photographers somewhat obsolete.

ottagal

Premium Level User
New member but long time lurker. Over time I’ve looked at all the major heart valve / aneurysm type sites and forums but nothing compares to this one. The discussion here is incredible. I’m so thrilled that this forum is likely to stay afloat.

Thank you to the original founder and all members here for sharing your invaluable information. Hopefully I can contribute something useful in the future.
Hi Gord, Welcome to the forum. I noticed in another thread that you said that you made a post that no one responded to. I wonder if it was this one? If so, you may want to start a new thread to introduce yourself as your intro may not have been read. Thanks again Hank for all you have done! Don't be a stranger. :)

Gordo60

Hi Gord, Welcome to the forum. I noticed in another thread that you said that you made a post that no one responded to. I wonder if it was this one? If so, you may want to start a new thread to introduce yourself as your intro may not have been read.
Hi @ottagal, a number of responses since thanks. Being a new member it appears that initial new posts required moderation which took the best part of a day. This forum is much quieter than forums relating to other interests I frequent so I know now that it might be awhile before other members here respond.

Fantastic information on this Forum. Hope it continues to go from strength to strength.

Cheers
Gordon

jeffp

Thanks Hank. It’s been 14 years since I first logged on shortly after my MVR. Did well with the help of many here. Haven’t been on in quite a while but something tugged at me to see what’s up here. Surprised to see the change over, glad it’s still up and running under new leadership, and wish you the best.