The Big Calendar Entry

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to hear TellTale! I'm with ya on the hospital food. I never thought that I would be able to sleep on my back, but I was surprised that it was no problem. Got that wedge pillow? Enjoy recovery!
When my surgeon visited after in recovery, I called the food “okay” to be polite. He said maybe he should’ve examined my head too😂
No wedge pillow, an old recliner for me for now.

Welcome to the other side! Wishing you a speedy recovery. There is always a few bumps along the way (like sleeping comfortably) but October 1st was my 6 month mark, and honestly I feel really good. Enjoying exercise, enjoying life. Wishing you the same.
Thank you Lynn. I may be grousing a little, but I do recognize the overall progress I’ve made in just 4 nights home. I look forward to 6 months onward!

Congratulations and welcome to the other side! Things are a little challenging now but you will feel better and better each week.

I also had a real tough time sleeping on my back intitially. I am fortunate that at home I have one of those Sleep Number beds that also adjusts like a hospital bed. I found that when I put the mattress at a very soft setting that it worked great for me- just sort of melted into it and drifted off. But, as soon as I felt comfortable sleeping on my side, I happily went back to that. For me the recliner worked pretty well also.

Please keep us posted on how your recovery comes along. :)

Back