Thanks to those who responded

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jim_Bowker

I had posted a few weeks back about my increased fatigue, shortness of breath, and chest pains due (I believed) to my AI. Just got my second opinion (after an echo two weeks back), and the word is that now's the time for AVR surgery. My primary cardiologist is not aguing the point, but now I have to choose between their competing advice: the Ross Procedure (I'm 38 with two young kids) or a prosthetic valve. Then to find a surgeon (although being in Rhode Island and having folks and in-laws in Boston, I think Boston will offer more alternatives).

I need, now, to read up on Ross vs. mechanical and life on anticoagulants, but this site (and some others it points to) should offer me no shortage of info and ideas.

I wanted, though, to thank all of those who urged me to keep pushing and get, at least, a second opinion. It was also tremendously helpful to hear of other's struggles with fatigue (I have never had a cardiologist say, with any definitiveness, that my fatigue and lack of stamina are clearly related to my AI. Folk's words on this forum have reassured me that I'm not crazy to think these are likely linked and that my fatigue is not the result of depression or some other, more unlikely cause).

Well, time to dig into learning what I now need to know, but thanks, once again.

Good luck, Jim

Good luck, Jim

I bet some of the folks know of really good surgeons in Boston. Wishing you the best.

You know that song "Please come to Boston". Go to Boston. In all the cities I have visited, I love Boston the best. It's so beautiful and history rich, besides having some of the best medical facilities. You will keep us posted. God bless

Ross Procedure

Ross Procedure

Jim,
Mara just had the Ross Procedure and responds to this forum. Myself am going in today for my Ross Procedure. I'm 40 with a 5 & 16 yr old. Being tired has driven me nuts. I'm single and between all the things you need to do around the house and the kids then work, I never thought I would make it to today.

Scared but ready.
Leslie

Back