Thanks for the support

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Many thanks to you all for the support I,ve received, The Cardiologist has written to the Surgeon too see if I will be required to have an Angagram test before the surgery If I do Iwill not see the surgeon untill late september I decided to telephone the surgeon,s secretary and she was so helpful She is making an appointment for me for July 31st too have a chat with the surgeon I intend too make a list of questions too ask I have also been told the waiting list at my local hospital for valve surgery is five to six months But I hope too know more after the 31st what are the waiting lists like in other parts of the UK Also I have a question How long After Valve Surgery do you have too wait before you can fly and do you have any problems getting travel Insurance We have a trip too the USA booked for Feb 2002 so we will put it on hold untill after the surgery Thanks too all
Jan

Hello Jan,

First, I want to wish you good luck with your upcoming meetings with your doctors and surgery. Hope you get some postive news and direction. The questions you ask here, and the ones you ask to your doctors should help you greatly.

I had my AVR 3/23/00 and a graft. I was on a 12 hour plane ride 10 weeks after surgery to Hawaii, and spent a wonderful 2 weeks there, even biked down the side of a volcano.

I did not have any problems with the flying. If I felt like stretching, I just got up and walked around.

I do not know anything about the flight insurance limitations, since I never take it. Seems I fly most of the time on my job, so flying is like taking a bus to me.

Rob

Jan - I live in Surrey and have a neighbour who has just had a bypass and valve replacement in Brighton because the waiting list was so long at his London hospital. I hadn't realised this sort of thing was possible under the NHS, and of course Brighton is a long way from you, but I thought you would be interested.

Flying

Flying

Jan,

I flew from Michigan to Florida at 5 weeks post AVR with no problems. I didn't do the flight insurance though so I do not know about that. Since I could not drive at that point to help my husband with the 22 hr + drive and we wanted to get to the warm sun as soon as possible we flew. Good luck and keep us posted

Back