Testing INR with non-matching chip code using Coagucheck XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eva

Miracle Believer
Supporting Member
I have 48 test strips (chip code 403) but do not have the matching chip code. It was inside my machine which I returned to Roche when it broke. (Roche could not return the chip to me).

Yesterday I used last strip with 418 chip code. INR was 2.7.

After that, I kept the 418 chip inside the machine, I retested with the 403-coded strip. The result was 2.6.

Your advice please. Is this ok?!

Will this ruin my new machine?!
Thank you in advance. Stay healthy and safe.

Note:
REF on 418 is 04625358
REF on 403 is 04625315
LOT number on both end with 311!

Last edited:
Eva, since you have 48 strips left I'd call Roche and ask them if you could use a chip with a different code. My gut tells me it wouldn't hurt your machine but the INR results from strips and code chips with different numbers might affect the INR reading. I doubt you are the first to have this happen and Rouche will give you an honest answer.

Reactions: Eva
Will this ruin my new machine?!
I can't see how it will ruin your machine, I can see some small possibility of variance, which seems to be what you have found.

I'd say that at worst there may be a scaling issue where if you go further and further out of the 2~3 zone that the inaccuracies will get more. As @Protimenow suggests here:
The chips are calibrated to give a reagent value for the current lot of chips (in addition to an expiration date). It's likely that the reagents used for each batch have values that are pretty close.

I agree with Dick to an extent, however in this day of high octane arse covering I'd be skeptical of their answers if they say no. So in short I'd test yourself and figure it out.

I assume that your test was in short time span (like one after the other), if so then this supports my view that the code chip is just a "scalar" factor for the test.

I'd call that "good to go"

Eva, since you have 48 strips left I'd call Roche and ask them if you could use a chip with a different code. My gut tells me it wouldn't hurt your machine but the INR results from strips and code chips with different numbers might affect the INR reading. I doubt you are the first to have this happen and Rouche will give you an honest answer.
Thank you, dick, for responding. Roche said ”it’s better NOT to use them!” Of course, they don’t want to encourage us doing this especially if one has to be limited at one INR level only. Stay healthy and well. :)

I can't see how it will ruin your machine, I can see some small possibility of variance, which seems to be what you have found.
yes the variance had been very small after a few tests: 2.7 vs 2.6, and 2.9 vs 3!

I'd say that at worst there may be a scaling issue where if you go further and further out of the 2~3 zone that the inaccuracies will get more. ...

since my range is 2.5-3.5, I’ll try not to go below 3.

I assume that your test was in short time span (like one after the other), ...
yes! One after the other within seconds.

I'd call that "good to go"
[/QUOTE]

thank you, pellicle. Stay healthy and safe :)

Last edited:
Back