Testing a column title on you all

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hey, everyone! I am applying for a job as an online columnist for a newspaper, and I have to propose a column title. I thought I had a great one, but my husband forsees a problem. I won't tell you what the problem is; I want to know what you think when you see it.

The title is:

Adaptive Lifestyles: Successfully Coping with Chronic Medical Conditions

Please give me your feedback!

hummm.
Using the word Chronic could be scary for some people. Readers may have a hard excepting that they have a chronic condition and skip by your column completely.

Maybe just drop that word in your title, you can always use it within your column.

Having a wife with blindness, when I see Adaptive Lifestyles, I think of disabilities, i.e. visual, hearing, mobility. Of course there is nothing wrong with referring to those issues, but I know those are not what you're talking about.
Then again, I understand those are not the only issues for which "adaptive lifestyles" could apply. I don't see it as a big deal, but stating what I would first think of.

Some people don't understand the word "chronic". How about "continuing" or "on-going"?

I want to thank everyone for their input. I asked this question on other forums, too. I turned in the proposal today with information about the pros and cons of different titles.

Now I am anxiously waiting to see if I get the job!

Now I am anxiously waiting to see if I get the job!

GOOD LUCK!

Sounds like a great opportunity. Wish I'd been able to stay in the newspaper business....

I might've gone with something like this:

"Enduring Medical Conditions"

*shrugs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All of the chaos makes perfect sense" ... Joe Diffie ... 'Third Rock From The Sun'

Latest posts

Back