Test Your Avatars Here!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
young

young

Bet you didn't care back then either.
Can't go back that far!:( Guess you got me.:mad:
For now!!:D :D

So tell me, oh wise guru of the message boards, what is an avatar ?

Well, I advanced to now knowing what an avatar is. (All by myself) Why can't computer geeks (not you, Hank) call things what they are instead of making up these weird names, i.e. avatar, cookies, threads, etc.

Now I have to figure out how to get my boyish good looks over to the left side of my messages.......

Anyway, Hank...........

.Is my avatar here - or has it disappeared down some computer hole?

And how do I stop getting an e-mail every time I have a message. I've changed from "Yes" to "No" but they still come rolling in.

And what's the difference between "submit modifications" and "reset fields".

Sorry to be such a dope. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nope your avatar is not here. You have to do avatars through your user cp. Just go there and click on edit options, scroll to the bottom and click change avatar.
If you clicked on no for Emails You should not recieve any for messages that are posted in reply to your posts but you will still recieve E-mails whem you get a private message and you are not on the boards.
The difference between submit and reset is that submiting changes makes only the changes that you want to make where as reset clears all the fields and you start over from scratch.

:)
Hope this helps

:) Just a PS: I went into user cp! there is a command that you can click no to stop recieveing E-mails for PM's

Problems

Problems

I did click the No for e-mails, Mike but still they keep coming :mad: :mad:

And I did all you say for avatar - and appeared to download my picture. Is there something special if its a first time avatar. :mad: :mad:

Got your PM and will do the click-up thing :) :)

What are URLs:confused:

Thanks for your help

STILL TRYING TO GET AN AVATAR. I'M OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG :mad:

Gillian,
When you try submiting your avatar watch the message closely and make sure that it does not say your picture is to big instead of changes succesful.
Where are you trying to bring your pic from? The internet or your computer.
if it is from your computer make sure that you erase the http://www from the box above. Not sure what diff it makes but mine would not post if it was there. On the size thing I was wrong about the 1"X1". If it says your pic is to big keep resizing it smaller till it posts. The one I have posted now was.6"X.5" before it would post.

There are two places in your Edit Options that you have to say no and then make sure you do not just close but click on save changes.

Bob G. Picture

Bob G. Picture

OK Bob! Give!!:D
I've been trying to get a pic to post for two days now. I finally got one to post other than avatar but no body but me seems to be able to see it.
:confused: How did you get one up that everyone can see, or am I the only one who can see your pic too?
:( :confused:
:(

Nope, I can also see the handsome devil. I don't know if I'm going to put my pic up or not, it seems there's a lot of competition here. I hope I'm not the only bald guy!:( Maybe I'll just post a picture of my new scar; now, that might be impressive!:D

:confused: I have a photo in mind to go with mail but I'm next to computer illiterate! Where do I start to get an avatar on my messages? I'm confused! I go to user cp but don't see where you can add or change an avatar- no instructuions or anything. HELP!

In user cp click on edit options
Scroll down to the bottom
You will see change my avatar there.
Click there and scroll down. You will see where you can add a custom avatar. It must be 100X100 pixels or less or it will not post.

posting pic. still trying

posting pic. still trying

mike.msnw

Mike - I am dowloading from my computer. I am not told it is too big. I deleted the http//www and it made no difference. I can't work out which two things I change to NO.

I am determined to get there in the end. But its so frustrating. Thanks for your help.

:mad: :mad:

Although Hank has it set a ten posts to be able to have custom Avatar. I think maybe because Number of posts need to be no longer junior is 30 that the program is overrideing the 10 limt and making it 30. In other words no custom avatar until you are no longer Junior.:rolleyes: :) :D
I jump to this conclusion because I couldn't get mine to post and then all of a sudden it posted. and Hank and I are the only avatars posted and we are also the only ones over thirty posts, and no longer junior members.:)

Mike M
Sorry to be soooooooo dense but when I go to change avatars I click on the little square with dot in the middle and it does nothing. I tried clicking on change modifications and I get thank you for changing and it throws me back to the previous page. Nowhere do I get a chance to add or change an avatar. :(

Cookie{/color]
Check my post right above you. I really think that the membership rateing of junior member has something to do with it. When you have posted 30 times I bet the avatars will work. This is just what I think I haven't got confirmation of it from Hank.
I am pretty sure that it was around my thirtieth post that my avatar started working.
I am not sure what square with a dot in it you are talking about. There shouldn't be any square to click on.
you have to click on edit options then scroll down and click on change/modify avatar.
Then you go to bottom and click on yes for custom avatar and in the bottom bar you click browse to go to you files on your computer and select your avatar/picture. Open it and then click save modifications.
But like I said I do not think it will become active until your thirtieth post when you will no longer be a junior member.

Time for a new picture Bob!

Time for a new picture Bob!

Ok Bob, We are ready for a new picture. Don't make me put your rear view tee shot online.

Just razzing you. It's not like mine is a recent one!

Back