terrific interesting site

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

The latest edition of AARP magazine had a list of fascinating websites, and this was one of them. It is a site with talks given by some of the world's top thinkers. I just listened to Steve Job's talk, really very fine and interesting.

AARP recommended the talk by Margaret Wertheim who talks about the beautiful mathematical links among coral, crochet and hyperbolic geometry.

Didn't listen to that one yet, but I will. Enjoy!

http://www.ted.com/

Looks really interesting with alot of science and biology-thanks Nancy:)

Thanks Nancy. I believe the Apple Itunes store is available to PC's as well as Apple users. A part of that site is called Itune U. I believe it is entirely free, and there are great and very interesting lectures from several of the top professors. For what it's worth, I have always felt that being a top professor means having a passion for something coupled with the ability (and desire) to convey that interest and passion to anyone prepared to listen. These men and women are great.

I love TED. I am very lucky with my job in that I have a lot of freedom - especially in the order in which I do tasks. Like most jobs, mine has some tasks that are repetitious - I might have to perform the exact same task on several hundred students at a time. I listen to TED talks to help break up the monotony.

One of my favorite websites! An amazing variety of lectures. Glad others here are enjoying it too.

Latest posts

Back