Tecarfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very interesting, knowing nothing about it I went to Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecarfarin
this bit:
Among patients taking CYP2C9 interacting drugs however, the tecarfarin patients’ TTR was 72.2% (n=92) vs 69.9% (n=87) for warfarin patients (pint=0.16); among patients who had both a CYP2C9 variant allele and taking a CYP2C9 interacting drug, TTR was 76.5% and 69.5% for the tecarfarin (n=24) and warfarin (n=31) groups, respectively (pint=0.24). This study included in 84 (14%) patients with a mechanical heart valve as an indication for anticoagulation therapy. No thrombotic or embolic events were observed in the tecarfarin treated subjects.​

did nothing to except confirm how totally shlt the "accepted norm" of management for warfarin is. However this bit:

In contrast to warfarin, tecarfarin is not affected by the cytochrome P450 inhibiting drug fluconazole,[4] indicating a lower potential for interactions with other drugs.[2]

... proved interesting and if I ever find myself in need of that or the rifampicin treatment then I'll be pushing for that drug as a stop gap.

Thanks

very interesting, knowing nothing about it I went to Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecarfarin
this bit:
Among patients taking CYP2C9 interacting drugs however, the tecarfarin patients’ TTR was 72.2% (n=92) vs 69.9% (n=87) for warfarin patients (pint=0.16); among patients who had both a CYP2C9 variant allele and taking a CYP2C9 interacting drug, TTR was 76.5% and 69.5% for the tecarfarin (n=24) and warfarin (n=31) groups, respectively (pint=0.24). This study included in 84 (14%) patients with a mechanical heart valve as an indication for anticoagulation therapy. No thrombotic or embolic events were observed in the tecarfarin treated subjects.​

did nothing to except confirm how totally shlt the "accepted norm" of management for warfarin is. However this bit:

In contrast to warfarin, tecarfarin is not affected by the cytochrome P450 inhibiting drug fluconazole,[4] indicating a lower potential for interactions with other drugs.[2]

... proved interesting and if I ever find myself in need of that or the rifampicin treatment then I'll be pushing for that drug as a stop gap.

Thanks
WOW, and warfarin has been out and being used for how many years, and eating is terrible, have to watch, hmmmm, like everything you eat, just seems to me, if its green and from the garden its got K in it, am i wrong, but cannot complain, i have been home testing now for awhile, and its much better, but i think sometimes about those flat out and right now dont have the funds to home test!
It for sure been blocked by those with the $$$$$ and power to stop this from happening, WARFARIN has over the years made someone ALOT of money!!!
I am not knocking warfarin, it perhaps is why I am alive, ALTHOUGH, no matter how good it is, its human to be thinking there has got to be a better way??? RIGHT EVERYONE???
SO in saying that, i will be looking for more DATA on this, and PLEASE everyone, if ya find anything more, please bring it back here, and for all of us??? thank you!!!!
howard hal ollman/south florida!!!!!

carolinemc
QUESTION!!!! 4 U!!! I see that you marked that you were angry in some of the post/s here, and on this subject, and if I may, i would ask why you were angry, and about what? HHO
I ASKED YOU a question, and your lack of a reply, although you again posted an angry face? well, i figure now that either your trying to get attention, or just hate me for some reason, well, or you dont know where the happy faces are, OR YOUR A BOT, AND I AM USING THIS POST TO MAKE AWEAR OF THAT possible FACT, AND WOULD NOW ALSO PLEASE ASK THE ADMINS here TO LOOK INTO THIS, AND find OUT IF YOUR A BOT!

I ASKED YOU a question, and your lack of a reply, although you again posted an angry face? well, i figure now that either your trying to get attention, or just hate me for some reason, well, or you dont know where the happy faces are, OR YOUR A BOT, AND I AM USING THIS POST TO MAKE AWEAR OF THAT possible FACT, AND WOULD NOW ALSO PLEASE ASK THE ADMINS here TO LOOK INTO THIS, AND find OUT IF YOUR A BOT!

She angry faces lots of stuff. Especially when it goes over her head. Don’t sweat it. This will get an angry face too. At least I can hope. I was let down last time I asked for one.

Regarding making lots of money on Warfarin though, that I can disagree with. Half the reason there’s such a quest to find alternatives is because it’s so dirt cheap that they can’t make much off it. Any alternative is going to be brand only while the patent exists and will cost hundreds more. I can get 90 days warfarin for cash payment because it’s cheaper than my copay.

The other half of reasons are because it takes active management by an engaged patient. The more idiot proof they can make it, the better. That goal does make sense.

Lastly, don’t avoid your greens! Dose the diet, my friend. It’s all good!

She angry faces lots of stuff. Especially when it goes over her head. Don’t sweat it. This will get an angry face too. At least I can hope. I was let down last time I asked for one.

Regarding making lots of money on Warfarin though, that I can disagree with. Half the reason there’s such a quest to find alternatives is because it’s so dirt cheap that they can’t make much off it. Any alternative is going to be brand only while the patent exists and will cost hundreds more. I can get 90 days warfarin for cash payment because it’s cheaper than my copay.

The other half of reasons are because it takes active management by an engaged patient. The more idiot proof they can make it, the better. That goal does make sense.

Lastly, don’t avoid your greens! Dose the diet, my friend. It’s all good!
thank you for that, well going on from there, right now in any case, I get mine mailed to me, from the VA down here in south florida, it costs me a bit more, but i dont need to worry about going for it! I am USAF, 3 years, and 31 years POSTAL SERVICE. and NO, i wont be going postal on anyone, any time soon, i am a gentle giant, i think!
and you are so right, it is all good, now and forever!!! live long and prosper my friend, and when i was growing up, and back in NYC, you were my hero, and still today you are, so ill say this then time for ZZZZZZZZZ, when i grow up, i want to be just like SUPERMAN! [well, perhaps not the faster then a speeding bullet!!! about half the speed is way good enough for me...LOL]

...the level of idiots we create...
😉
you are so right, and too bad that not everyone is able to home test for a few different reasons, it would and does help keep INR where it needs to be, according to the stats, and charts. well, it does help me alot in keeping it right where it needs to be, I sleep much better now then before home testing. Maybe one day THEY will start to give away the strips, and devices for everyone to home test that wants and is able to do so! I mean with all the food that has K in it, among a few other things, without home testing, it is very difficult to keep the INR range indicated, cannot say much more then that! everyone>> live long and prosper, and that even goes out to the ANGRY lady!

Latest posts

Back