Tawdry Shirt Sign Up And Tracking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that is awesome! I think we should or maybe do something like put the shirt we wear to the hospital....like V-Neck Shirts or Button up shirts for the girls. Take a before Picture of ourselves going in the hospital in it and then maybe a couple weeks later in the same shirt. That may be a good idea.

Stilldreamin has one to send. She's having a rough time right now and said it may be a few weeks before she can get it sent out, but if someone wants one, give her a PM.

Melissa ANGRY!
Just yesterday, after a looooong time, the shirt I had sent to DaleG was returned to me. Package was all beat up, and there was no reason listed for the its return.

I sent a message to DaleG saying same, and asking if he still wants it. If so, I will send it to him. If not, whoever is next on the list?

In any case, I will not rely on Canada Post/USPS this time! Tracking will be of the utmost importance. I should have made that a priority.

I apologize to everyone that the shirt was out of commission for so long on my watch :(

Melissa

Melissa ANGRY!
Just yesterday, after a looooong time, the shirt I had sent to DaleG was returned to me. Package was all beat up, and there was no reason listed for the its return.

I sent a message to DaleG saying same, and asking if he still wants it. If so, I will send it to him. If not, whoever is next on the list?

In any case, I will not rely on Canada Post/USPS this time! Tracking will be of the utmost importance. I should have made that a priority.

I apologize to everyone that the shirt was out of commission for so long on my watch :(

Melissa

It's not just the Canadian Postal Service, the U.S. Postal service is just as bad.

Melissa, take pictures of the box and phone the post office and ask them what the heck happened and this is unacceptable. Will you be compensated, probably not, but they need to be aware of what happened. Get mad.
I complained to Greyhound Bus Service about a damage packaged I had received - they gave me 3 free shipping, no matter the weight and door to door service.

Is the shirt going around still? I am ready!!!

There are a couple of them out there. We just don't know who has what since no one ever keeps us updated. It's very discouraging actually.

If you can't find one, just find the most 70's disco looking nightmare you can find, strike up a Travolta pose and show us that scar!

What exactly is this Tawdry Shirt?

Members who were fresh out of surgery would don a wild Hawaiian print silk shirt and strike a dance pose, while making
sure that their scar was highly visible. A few shirts were mailed around along with a photo album, but that tradition
has fallen by the wayside lately.
We still have many "flashers" in all kinds of attire happily posing and posting their pics.

This is a great idea. Browsing the forum and came across it. Haven't scheduled my surgery yet for Mitral Valve Repair...still interviewing surgeons...but as a photographer I have a whole series of "followup" images that I've done of various still and live subjects. Obviously I'm planning on photographing myself pre & post surgery. I can't exactly leave myself out of the project. Would be interested in seeing images of scars from rib entry MVR which is what is likely right now...although partial sternum is also possible. Surgery probably late April or May.

I have a shirt !!! Never posted a picture and then completely forgot about it. That is actually good news, things have gone well after surgery and I fell off visiting the site. Will find the package and post some pics... and wait for someone to volunteer to get the shirt next !!

Latest posts

Back