TAVR Recovery Period

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boswell

Anyone out there have a noninvasive TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), a procedure to insert a catheter in the groin as in an angiogram, with a mechanical valve replacement on its end, to proceed by artery for insertion inside the stenosis deficient old valve and then opened and fixed in place like a stent?
What I would like to know is the normal recovery period. I have been told that hospital discharges vary from one day to three or four days post op. What was it in your case? Have you any other things to share about this procedure and how it has worked out for you?:thumbup:

Boswell

Anyone out there have a noninvasive TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), a procedure to insert a catheter in the groin as in an angiogram, with a mechanical valve replacement on its end, to proceed by artery for insertion inside the stenosis deficient old valve and then opened and fixed in place like a stent?
What I would like to know is the normal recovery period. I have been told that hospital discharges vary from one day to three or four days post op. What was it in your case? Have you any other things to share about this procedure and how it has worked out for you?:thumbup:

Boswell

I do not believe anyone here had their Aortic valve replaced by cath, a couple members had family members get the pulm or TAVI tho. TAVI area tissue valve not mechanical tho. Unless there are complications, the recovery is close to other stents placed, or caths.

Last edited:
I do not believe anyone here had their Aortic valve replaced by cath, a couple members had family members get the pulm or TAVI tho. It is a tissue valve not mechanical tho. Unless there are complications, the recovery is close to other stents placed, or caths.

My aunt had TAVR just over a year ago (it was a tissue valve). She was in the hospital for a total of 6 days. A few reasons for this was because of her advanced age with other health issues to sort out and she had a few stents placed for coronary artery disease. Also, the hospital was 3 hours from her hometown so they kept her in a little longer just to be on the safe side before she went home. She is doing quite well today.

My aunt had TAVR just over a year ago (it was a tissue valve). She was in the hospital for a total of 6 days. A few reasons for this was because of her advanced age with other health issues to sort out and she had a few stents placed for coronary artery disease. Also, the hospital was 3 hours from her hometown so they kept her in a little longer just to be on the safe side before she went home. She is doing quite well today.

I was thinking of you and your Aunt, I'm glad to hear she is doing well.

I had TAVR a year ago. Spent 3 days in hospital. I am going for 1year check up next week and don't expect any problems. I have been feeling good and energy level has increased. Will post again after check up.

Back, as promised. I had my 1 year check up post TAVR surgery and all is well. Valve is doing its duty!

Had an interesting chat with a cardiologist today. He told me that in Germany over half of all valve replacements are TAVR/TAVIs. Their stats are pretty good. It looks like the valves they use should last as long as tissue valves, inserted via OHS. Just quoting.

Latest posts

Back