TAVR in Near Future

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncmimi

I am new to this website. Like most facing this surgery, I am a little overwhelmed by it all, including the decision as to where to have this procedure. I appreciate reading reports of people who have experienced this surgery.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum!
There are several posters here who have had TARV so hopefully they will chime in.
If you try the search function of the site you will find old threads/posts on TARV.
Mick Jagger had TARV 2 yrs ago so I think theres even a thread on that -https://www.valvereplacement.org/threads/mick-jagger-might-be-a-member-of-this-forum-soon.886925/
It is certainly an overwhelming experience but we all seem to have gotten thru it still kicking 😊

am a little overwhelmed by it all, including the decision as to where to have this procedure
Welcome

Take you're time, don't rush, learn about stuff. Keep meditating on this.
Marcus Aurelius things.jpg

Hi ncmimi and welcome. It is easy to understand how you must feel. Altho TAVR is relatively new, interventional treatments of heart issues go back 60+ years. All major metropolitan areas have hospitals that can successfully treat typical heart problems. Work with your docs in identifying those hospitals. You are already doing the most important thing............ educating yourself.;)

Welcome to the forum ncmimi!

Do you have a surgery date yet?
I am scheduled for consult with surgeon tomorrow, 7/22. I am considering asking my cardiologist for referral for consult at Duke Medical in Durham, NC. Duke is somewhat close to my home and they appear to have a team of good doctors doing TAVR.

Reactions: Eva
Hope your consult went well. TAVRs are a game changer. Such a quick recovery compared to the old valve replacements. Best wishes

TAVR is a fast and efficient aortic valve replacement procedure. A major concern would be that the durability of this tissue valve is not known, especially in the latter types.

Latest posts

Back