TAVR Forum

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

honeybunny

Have you tried Meetup? They have all types of groups. You can also start one there but there is a monthly fee to have one. You might also check local hospitals. Contact their social services officer. Let us know if you find one.

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
VR.org Supporter
You might also look into Mended Hearts. It is a national organization that has been around for decades as a support group for all types of heart issues. They have an online forum as well as chapter meetings in many larger cities. It is designed primarily for Bypass and Valve Replacement/Repair, mechanical and tissue,.......either OHS or TAVR patients.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Hi @rich01 - perhaps you could ask the technical support person, Angie, (I think that's her name) if she could add a TAVR forum here ? I think the best way to contact Angie is via the Technical support forum: Technical Support Forum

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
VR.org Supporter
You might also look into Mended Hearts. It is a national organization that has been around for decades as a support group for all types of heart issues. They have an online forum as well as chapter meetings in many larger cities. It is designed primarily for Bypass and Valve Replacement/Repair, mechanical and tissue,.......either OHS or TAVR patients.
Just in way of an "Amen" to Dick's post, here is a link to new message from Mended Hearts about some sources of information about the heart and COVID-19:

Mended Hearts is a great organization for folks who deal with all kinds of heart issues, or take care of those who do. I was our local chapter president for a few years.You might want to see if there is a chapter operating in your locality, though meetings are mostly online right now during the battle against the virus.

Here also is a link on TAVR via Mended Hearts:

Last edited:

rich01

I'm a member at Mended hearts and Heart Valve Surgery. I had TAVR 6 months ago, so I understand the procedure. What I am looking for is other people who have had TAVR to share info and asks questions.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
VR.org Supporter
I'm a member at Mended hearts and Heart Valve Surgery. I had TAVR 6 months ago, so I understand the procedure. What I am looking for is other people who have had TAVR to share info and asks questions.
This appears to offer opportunity to share info and ask questions, Rich. Perhaps you have tried it and found it is not inclusive of TAVR. But thought I would pass along the link in case it is useful. https://connect.mendedhearts.org/home

P.S.: If you just enter TAVR in the search engine for this connection, all sorts of discussion seems to pop up. I hadn't really signed up for this before and participated, but now I think I will.

rich01

This appears to offer opportunity to share info and ask questions, Rich. Perhaps you have tried it and found it is not inclusive of TAVR. But thought I would pass along the link in case it is useful. https://connect.mendedhearts.org/home

P.S.: If you just enter TAVR in the search engine for this connection, all sorts of discussion seems to pop up. I hadn't really signed up for this before and participated, but now I think I will.
There are no posts in their TAVR forum.

Latest posts