Taurine & INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc1991

Hello, I have a question. Taurine is present in many things, including some caffeinated beverages. Have any of you noticed an effect of Taurine on your INR?

Thank you,
Alex

Not me

I have posted my weekly INR readings for a number of different years and never once in my years of close detailed examination have i found anything attributable to anything in particular.

Remember its not about the substance, its about the dose ... my guess is that you'll need 40 or so cups of that beverage per day, every day for a week to get a clinically significant INR shift.

Not that I am suggesting you are panicking (but I read a LOT of hyper anxious posts here) but the alarm does not need to sound when you read of a new substance.

Chill and enjoy your beverage, and be comfortable in the knowledge that IF it effected you you'll see it in YOUR testing

:)

I've been interested in trying Taurine as a daily supplement. It's supposed to have great benefits for the heart. However I've been reluctant for the same fact that I don't know what it'll do to my INR (I'm still not established on a regular dose)

No, I've taken up to 6 grams a day at times, zero effect on INR. It's like saying aspirin could increase your chances of dying...yea it could if you ate a couple bottles.

I started drinking pepsi max because it tastes decent for a 0 cal. soda and a 12oz can has 69 mg of caffeine. The only problem is it has ginseng and I drink about 5 a day. My inr was low at 2.1 which doesn't really worry me. I would always prefer it to be low than high. I like to keep my inr on the low side of my range which is 2.5-3.5. I like to keep it at 2.5-3 if I can. I plan to keep on drinking them so I just added 2.5 mg of warfarin a week. I went from 42.5 to 45. If I get tired of the pepsi max I will go back down to 42.5. It's not rocket science, not even close. :)

Back