Symptomatic again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Before my Ross Procedure 12 yrs ago I had been symptomatic for about 6 mos to a year. No pep in my step at age 29. My EF was estimated at 50%, but my left ventricle and aorta dilated. Post Ross Procedure my EF was 65% and I felt fricking great!!!! This time around my EF was originally estimated at 40-45% then I got a second opinion that specializes in congenital heart disease. They’re saying 50%. I just don’t feel “well”. No pep left. Stairs, hills, carrying heavy stuff sucks. Anything requiring “oumph” so to speak sends me into panting spells with a heart going 500 miles a minute voraciously (actually 173 bpm and way uncomfortable”). I’ve had to quit swimming and taking long fast paced walks. My cardiologist is nice, but I don’t think he understands my quality of life at my age is in the toilet. Any thoughts very appreciated! Anyone been in a similar circumstance?

Hi

it sounds like your valve is starting to become incompetent again ... have you had any tests done? What is happening with regurgitation, ejection fraction and any signs of ventricle change? If you aorta is dilated it could suggest you are heading towards needing another surgery to attend to that.

Not enough information to suggest more than that I'm sorry

Latest posts

Back