Switched from name brand Coumadin to Jantoven 7 days ago and now have nausea

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All but one of your results are within range. Even the 2.3 is close enough to just see if it is a trend at the next testing. At least that's what my clinic used to say.

I do not have aortic dilation but was told to avoid holding your breath during exercise or lifting. I do isometric exercises and was specifically told to avoid those that include holding your breath. I was told that holding your breath during exertion puts un-needed strain on your valve assembly. I had a BAV replaced with a mechanical valve.
Thank you for the information. I was 2.5 again today. I expect my docto won’t change my dosage even though I wish I was testing a bit higher. I did have my 2 salads a day that I wanted.

Hello, thank you for the response. I was curious if that is what is the issue, as I have read on other forums other patients having a reaction to the dyes used in the color tablets. One thing I never do is take the pill with food. I wonder if I should start doing that from now on.
Hope you know that warfarin should be taken in evening without food atleast 1 hour prior and no food for atleast 1 hour more..

Hope you know that warfarin should be taken in evening without food atleast 1 hour prior and no food for atleast 1 hour more..
Siva, where did you see not to take within 1 hour of food?

My wife's Warfarin bottle only says don't take together with alcohol. The accompanying drug literature says to take daily at the same time as instructed (by your doctor) but does not indicate the time of day.

Common practice, however, is to take it in the evening so there is time earlier in the day for your doctor to adjust your dose if required (i.e. if you take in the morning and your doctor gets back to you with your dose adjustment later in the day you then need to wait until the following morning to make the change).

I have always taken my coumadin or generic warfarin in the AM......shortly after getting out of bed.....sometimes before and sometimes after breakfast. I do not think it matters when or how you take the pill..........so long as you develop a routine and take it and routinely test your INR That has worked for me........for a long time. Try not to make warfarin into a "drug of mystery".........'cause it ain't. :confused:

Latest posts

Back