Surviving the nightmare ✌

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew, not the Pellicle I know! He was my major support and informant using the most scientific methods and studies of the use of AC. Don't know what I would have done without his knowledge and support. He is my Coumadin Whisperer and being an RN know his facts were on target. I think there is a misunderstanding. Harriet, Coumadin is manageable and even though we have had medical issues, they are resolvable and just requires investigation and monitoring.

I have read through some of your posts ..
I just want to be very clear that they are afraid of clotting not because I am on warfrin but due to hemorrhaging and the amount of on and off again dosages of heparin warfrin being stopped and started randomly. This really is a nightmare

Ok that makes sense. Once you have the result on Monday and they hopefully find/fix the cause of the hemorrhaging, maybe they will adopt another strategy with your INR. Good luck Harriet.

Paliogirl
Thx you and much love to you.
I really do have some amazing doctors of internal medicine no disputing that. Trust me when l say they are frustrated it's like the bleed stops after sometime .. and between bags of blood that is why it doesn't show on scans because it isn't pooling at the time of the scan .
I will keep you updated and great to know that warfrin can actually start the hemerage and like l've said this could be an old or preexisting condition.
Xx ❤

Hi

harrietW;n863441 said:
... when l say they are frustrated it's like the bleed stops after sometime .. and between bags of blood that is why it doesn't show on scans because it isn't pooling at the time of the scan .

just wondering, is it showing in the stools? Blood I mean.

Question to anyone who may be able to answer or give me feed back. Thx in advance.
So l am not sure so let me refresh memories . Over the last couple of years anyone remember me complaining about neck pain numbness on left side heavy arm and numbness in lips face cheeks and dropping Eye left side with waves of feeling as l was going down / blackout but didn't. During my heart Cath last May14th 2015 The Doctor detected a blockage of about 80 % below my neck on the left side. I have been waiting to see a neroligest for a yr . That appointment is finally on March 24th
Now l cannot tell you the exact location of this blockage but here is my question? ??
Is it possible that now since OHS and the blood thinners that the blood Flo is to quick or fast for the blockage to handle and causing the artery to rupture or Burst leak ect under all the presure cause internal bleeding. ????
Forgive me if it is a crazy question but one that has gone through my head a few times. ??

not a crazy question Harriet

The thing is that anticoagulant is not a thinner. It does not change the viscosity of blood. This is one of my issues with calling it "blood thinners" because it does not "thin" the blood.

What can happen during surgery is where your main line goes in during anesthetic that the vein there can be damaged (mine was) and that results in the blood vessels needing to re-route how the "return blood" (which is what the veins are, artery out, vein back) and that may be an issue for you.

Also its possible that its just a muscular thing with all the difficulty, stress, and strange postures you've been forced through.

Short answer is "dunno" but not my first pick.

I really just also wanna thank everyone for theor input and invaluable knowledge and to everyone who has years or experience and hard knocks with this whole incredible journey of valves replacement. . I would be so screwed without you all. I wish l could just reach in and give y'all a big Ole hug and tell you in person how much l appreciate you. ❤ ❤ ❤
Correct information is important and l believe it is 100% available on this site from many. And you can't mess with the facts ..
Many of you have been an enormous support to me and l thx you without mentioned names as you know who you are. And l appreciate all of you and although personalities and ego sometimes get in the way and opinions for some ..
Let's keep it real !!! I need you guys Xx

Pellicle makes sence thx
Now let me explain where most all of the pain and tenderness and where l feel almost like a shape quick year or pain is along with tenderness.
It starts immediately below my my sternum and above my three drain holes approximately two and a half to inches long by approximately 4 inches wide ..then continues along my left side. And this last time was accompanied by alot af waves of mid back and lower back pain that start on the left and waves to the right and increase with pain as it moves from one side to the other.
And yes l understand it is anti coagulant not thinners .. my bad just getting easier to say so l get that point taken .
Thx
And yes l had blood both in stool and urine long before OHS but the closer to an unknown surgery date .. it was noted but left to deal with after surgery which now apparently was the mistake! ! .

harrietW;n863449 said:
Pellicle yes and urine

ok so that's more complex than I was thinking ... bowel and kidneys

hmmm

I'm wondering if (I may be so bold) they may soon be considering putting in another valve .. the problem is that (at least here) warfarin is administered for the first 3 months even with tissue valves.

hmmmm

I don't like the options ... I don't have enough data or knowledge to make any significant inputs into this.

And yes l understand it is anti coagulant not thinners .. my bad just getting easier to say so l get that point taken .

no problems, it wasn't a chide it was just a reminder of the extrapolation from simplifications often lead you in the wrong directions logically.

I'm well past being "hung up" (well maybe not well past) on peoplecalling warfarin "Blood Thinners"....
;-)

Pellicle
During the preparation for Colonoscopy and endoscopy drinking the flush /colyte drinking the first half so 2 L it took about 14 hours before the first movement followed by and all nighter then in the morning another 2 L it was then that l decreted all of that blood literally letres. . They had to postpon the test for 2 to 3 hours waiting for a clear flush that never happened so they went ahead with the scopes and found nothing so sent me directly to a CT scan hoping to see pooling .. the bleeding stopped. That evening or following morning the sent me for a nuclear blood scan .. where they withdrew some blood added radiation injected the blood back into my body and scanned to see if the could see an exit point .. which they didn't bleeding stopped they waited 14 hrs and rescanned
They found nothing.
So l hope that explains a little better about blood in stool.
Although there always seems to be old blood /black stool on the regular. . To much info lm sure but lm looking for possible answers. Thx u

Remember the Meckel scan. . ?? Well it was inconclusive although was noted some irregularities they sent me for the pill cam Next is a very intrusive Colonoscopy Ballon scope of the small intestines.

harrietW;n863458 said:
Pellicle
During the preparation for Colonoscopy and endoscopy drinking the flush /colyte drinking the first half so 2 L it took...So l hope that explains a little better about blood in stool.
Although there always seems to be old blood /black stool on the regular. . To much info lm sure but lm looking for possible answers. Thx u

well probably for some people.... its frustrating trying to find intermittent faults.

if I think of anything I'll post back (and will also keep in touch for updates)

BTW ... in Australia we often use the term "date" in vernacular for ones anus ... so everytime I hear up-dates I cringe.

Back