Surprise Pasta

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PairoDocs

rural area outside Buhl, Idaho, United States
I made this up from things I had in the refrigerator and there was not one scrap left!

Serves 4!

Ingredients:
1 box gluten-free whole grain penne pasta
2 TBSP olive oil
4 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 med onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 large brussels sprouts, finely sliced
1/2 cooked chicken breast from rotisserie chicken, chopped
4 to six oz low-fat or neufchatel cream cheese, diced
3 or 4 TBSP 2% milk- may use pasta water
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to garnish

Cook and drain pasta according to instructions. Heat oil in non-stick frying pan and saute next 5 ingredients until slightly soft; add chicken and warm through. Drain pasta and add back into pan along with the cream cheese and milk or pasta water; stir until all is melted and it has the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste, and top with desired amount of Parmesan cheese.

i would imagine that Greek yogurt could be substituted for some of the cream cheese, and broccoli for the brussels sprouts or even kale , but this is what I had in the refrigerator! My son wanted me to use tuna fish instead of the chicken, and it would probably be good.

That sounds delicious.

Pairodocs,
Nice to see you posting. Hope all has been fine with you and your family. :)

OK, made it today with a different pasta and used albacore, really really yummy.

I also layered the top with crumbled plain lays patatoe chips for a little crunch... :thumbup:

OK, made it today with a different pasta and used albacore, really really yummy.

I also layered the top with crumbled plain lays patatoe chips for a little crunch... :thumbup:

I thought I was in the "Chopped" kitchen for a minute! :)

Recipe sounds great....will have to try it soon!

Latest posts

Back