Surgical procedure or Transcather mitral valve replacement for low risk patient

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with the Patient Navigator and she cleared a few things up. The "low risk" comment probably was associated with TMVR and not my risk. She said my risk would be determine by my history and the
TMVR-CT taken last week. She said the next call would come from the Valve Coordinator who could answer most of my questions and would give me options. I am ready to get this behind me. I have gone into AF and have had to increase amiodaron to 200 mg to try and convert. If the heart does not convert and surgery is weeks away I may have to undergo cardio convert again.

My Patient Navigator met with us (me & wife) before the meeting with the interventional cardiologist and surgeon. After the meeting with drs we went to a conference room where she showed a video, went over the process, gave me several books on different procedures and scheduled my CT. She gave me a notebook with various info including the name and numbers for people I might talk with. She made sure all our questions were answered. She is assigned to help me until my last post op follow up meeting. It is nice having one primary contact if I need help.

I meet with my surgeon Monday and hope to get my surgery scheduled ASAP. It has been decided that it would be best for me to have standard open heart surgery. While the adventure is certainly scary I am tired of the side effects of medicine and the leaky mitral valve. Guess I need to put on my big boy panties and charge forward.

Latest posts

Back