Surgery tomorrow 9/6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARossGuy

Hi all,
I am scheduled to have an AVR with an ON-X valve tomorrow. The pulmonary valve which was placed in the aortic valve position from my Ross Procedure 7 years ago is leaking too much (Mod-Sev) and it is as good a time as any to fix it why I am still symptom free and have no LV dysfunction. "While the hood is open", the surgeon is supposed to change out the pulmonic homograph due to some scar tissue build-up (moderate stenosis according to the echo). I have no regrets about choosing the Ross in the first place, but wish I would have gotten a little better mileage out of it! Hopefully I will post to the Post Surgery are in few days.

I'm happy to hear the positive note in your post, AR Guy. I don't think our attitude alters our disease process but it does color how well recovery goes. Let us hear from you when you feel up to it. It think a lot of people will be interested to hear how things are going with you as you get used to your new equipment. Best wishes.

Larry

Well, you already know you are in good hands with Dr. Ryan, and at the local Taz Mahal hospital, to boot. Here's wishing you a smooth journey.

Everyone swings at the best pitch he sees. Sometimes it's a home run, sometimes it's a pop fly. However, it's always the right play in my book.

Good for you, recognizing what needs to happen and manning up to get this done before there is any damage showing. You'll be in my thoughts for a fast recovery.

Very best wishes,

ARossguy,
Thinking about you today! Waiting to hear from you on the flip side :thumbup:

Back