Surgery tomorrow :0

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, still doing well for the most part. Went into Afib for 30 mins this morning which was a bit of a scare. Heart rate was up to 160. Surgeon didn't seem overly concerned though and sounds like I'll be released tomorrow

Glad to hear it went well before you know if you'll be itching to get home. Dick I'm not sure it's all down to advancements, I had my surgery in 2015 and for the first day or two after my wife thought I had brain damage. Sometimes it's still open for debate.

Hey everyone back home now, such a great feeling getting out of the hospital. Last night was the only real rough one as I decided to go all day without pain meds and realized I needed them more than I thought haha.

Shanek;n871175 said:
Hey everyone back home now, such a great feeling getting out of the hospital. Last night was the only real rough one as I decided to go all day without pain meds and realized I needed them more than I thought haha.

When it comes to the pain meds occasionally I would hold out to see how much pain there was but generally I took them when I was hurting. That's my advice for anyone who wants to hear it. Of course with the exception for those likely to develop dependency issues.

Congrats on the quick release! As far as pain meds, unless there is some other reason to avoid them (past addictions, etc.), just take them. I can only speak for where I live, but here - they didn't give out any trophies for putting off pain relief.

Personally, I avoided vicodin because I almost blacked out on a walk after taking it. For me, tramadol was the way to go. But everyone is different.

Back