Surgery tomorrow :0

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanek

Hi everyone, first post but have been lurking for a few months! Tomorrow afternoon I go in for AVR surgery to replace my severely leaking bicuspid valve. Not overly nervous, just anxious to be on the other side of things and start the recovery process. It has definitely helped reading all the positive outcomes and feedback on here as I was initially stressed out when i was diagnosed a few months back. I'm 31 and in pretty good physical shape so I'm hoping my recovery is a quick one and will try to stay positive. I'm thankful for finding this community, I'll post in a few days and let everyone know how it goes.

Shane

Best of luck during your surgery, and looking forward to hearing of a positive outcome. We will be ready to welcome you to the zipper club.

Good luck mate.

Watch out for the food, take care to eat carefully and avoid anything which may make you cough.

My view is also get some kimchi if possible, get the poo chute going again in the ward

Post back after you get your of ICU and we can help amuse you in the ward.

Best Wishes

Shanek;n871032 said:
............. . .....I'm 31 and in pretty good physical shape so I'm hoping my recovery is a quick one and will try to stay positive. I'm thankful for finding this community,

Shane

Hi Shane. Glad to meet you. Your age and physical shape will assure a quick recovery. In a short time you will be back living a fully normal life.

Shane, adding my wishes for smooth transition to the other side. Use that spirometer(it truly helps) as directed and make sure you take that stool softener if you don't get that part going right away. (I know, not a fun subject, but really important) Good luck and when in doubt ask questions both here and at your hospital. Will be waiting to hear how you are doing.

Best of luck to you Shane (that's my youngest sons name btw)! See you on the other side!

Thanks everyone for wishing me well. Surgery was yesterday morning and went as planned. Last night was a long one with little sleep, mostly just out of discomfort in my back and shoulders. The care I've received so far has been truly amazing, that really goes a long way. Was released from icu this morning and feeling well. Maybe I'm just happy because I can barely hear my ticking valve! Hoping to get on my feet soon and out of here on Sunday!

Wow!! It's amazing that you could be so lucid twenty four hours post surgery.......OHS has come a long way and I hope all continues to go well for you. It also helps to be young and fit.

Latest posts

Back