surgery scheduled 2nd of april

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK here I'm a weak post operation, still in the hospital, still in paiiiin and tiered the nurses told me i may be in all this pain because I'm young and younger people tend to feel the pain more than in the elder people …
it's been a very hard weak for me but since I'm done with the operation the worst part is over ..
I'm experiencing shortness of breath pain when taking deep breath, since i was in a good condition and not having that much of a symptoms before the surgery i feel worst now with all the pain and the shortness of breath hope this will pass fast
had a lot of blood loss during the operation so i've needed blood transfer after that
and also since I'm on mechanical valve and my INR isn't in range yet I'm on Heparin IV for three days now ..

open to any questions

thanks for all your support pre-operation

Extraordinary, my path in the valve replacement journey is totally different than yours (in my 50's when replacement took place and as you can see from my signature, bovine valve). But I did have a few weeks of pain and short breath. Many mornings I awoke and said to myself (what the heck did you do.) However, over time those symptoms passed. Just give your body a little time. Yes there are folks out there who seemed to just jump right out of the hospital bed, and there are folks out there who had a harder time. You have to be gentle to yourself. One week has passed and even if you can't quite see it, you are in fact getting stronger each day. So just walk, eat right, and rest often. Then repeat again and again. So all of this will be just a faint memory and you will be back with your family again. Take Care :biggrin2:

Back