Surgery on Monday 1/23

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlo_dave

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Get my new ON-X aortic valve installed on Monday. Had the surgery scheduled for about a month now. It was good to have time to prepare but tough having it slowly creep toward me. Feeling as good about it, as can be expected. Its time. I am incredibly fortunate to have a close family and friends and very supportive employer/coworkers.

Welcome to the group. From your bio you have had somewhat similar heart surgeries before so you have some idea of what is ahead of you. Hopefully, this will be your last heart surgery.......and with the mechanical valve your chances of not needing another surgery are very high. Good luck and Godspeed!

I thought you were scheduled for Friday. Oh well, it just gives you an extra weekend to worry about it. DON’T! It’ll only get your blood pressure up. Do some fun things with family and friends to take your mind off it. The chances of you being the rare case that has complications, especially in light of you general good health, is tiny. You’ll be on the other side before you know it. Do well (and follow instructions - don’t be a wise ass like I was ).

Get my new ON-X aortic valve installed on Monday. Had the surgery scheduled for about a month now. It was good to have time to prepare but tough having it slowly creep toward me. Feeling as good about it, as can be expected. Its time. I am incredibly fortunate to have a close family and friends and very supportive employer/coworkers.
Best of luck to ya Dave. I'm on month 19 of my On-X and real happy. Looking forward to positive reports on your recovery.

My prayers to you, and am confident all will go well. Your last comment about close family and friends who support you is very important!

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Much appreciated!
My procedure has been delayed. Surgeon just called and he is sick. Wednesday may be the next opportunity ....if he is feeling better. It is frustrating to be in a holding pattern, however, I definitely want the surgeon to be at the top of his game. I appreciate that he didn't try to push through if he was not 100%.

Update on midlo-dave.
Heard from his wife that he had successful surgery yesterday and is doing well. Still intubated and sedated as expected. The expectation is to extubate today, which is a good sign.
I’m sure Dave will update us with details once he’s home and coherent.

Surgery at Chippenham JW hospital in central Virginia was successful! Had some struggles with seizures, likely from anesthesia. But will (should) go home on Wednesday (one week post-op) with a new ON-X and aortic root. Long term prognosis is very positive. Will need to learn about INR and Coumadin. Very fortunate to be surrounded by supportive friends and family!

Latest posts

Back