Surgery is scheduled!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billr

My AVR surgery (straight forward minimally invasive tissue valve replacement) is sheduled for September 18th! Dr Chitwood at East Carolina Heart Institute at ECU is my surgeon. Some things along the way I've learned and will pass on but I'm a little beat tonight (short timeframe till surgery meant a lot of running around today.)

I am incredibly upbeat/positive, physically and emotionally ready. Let's roll!

Best to all--

Bill R.

What a great attitude, Bill! Glad you got your date and we are all here to support and get you over to the other side of the mountain.

Best wishes,

Bill, My date is the 22nd but I look forward to following your progress later in the week. You are right about there being a lot to do and it happens just when you don't really feel like doing anything at all. Like you, I find that I'm not really worried about the surgery. About as much as one can do is choose a good surgeon in a good hospital that are going to work to get you back on your feet. Some of the little pesky details of getting ready at home will probably fall through the crack but it's no use worry over each one of them. I'm trying to focus on the important things. Take care, Bill, I hope all goes well with you and, as I said, I'll be looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Hi all--

Thanks for all the best wishes. It appears Mentu's outlook posted earlier is very similar to mine.

Only two weeks to go now.

Best to all-

Bill

Hi Bill, You have such a great attitude! I think your surgery will be great. I will be thinking of you and praying for you on the 18th. Keep the great attitude!

God bless,
Lori

Back