Surgery date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carolinemc Yes i've been home for about a week now, recovery is up and down but I believe that's pretty normal. Definitely improved a lot in the last two weeks - and each part of recovery then brings it's own challenges. When you're just out of surgery you feel grateful to be alive (and full of anaesthesia still!). Nearly three weeks later and the pain and breathing are much better (though still works in progress - I think I've had a particularly rough time with pain for whatever reason) so my challenges now are keeping active and pushing myself to do more cardio. Recovery must be active even though all I really want to do is lie down and sleep. My sternum is still healing so I can't life much weight and still get some measure of pain - though generally I don't need pain killers any more.

Here's to a totally new set of problems in another 3 weeks! :D

mrfox, never speed up the healing of the sternum. It can take up to a year for it to completely heal. And keep being as active as you can stand it. Just keep hanging in there. You will be fine. Hugs for today. :)

mrfox sorry I did not reply till now. I am having some depression or anxiety problems and trying to make myself to get some help soon. Am trying to get SSDI, got rejected on first try, am appealing. So glad you are doing better. Keep doing whatever you are doing. I will be fine soon myself. Hugs for today. :)

Hey carolinemc !

My turn to apologize, I've only just seen your post. I hope your anxiety is being treated or at least manageable. I'm ok, everything had been going well except now I find myself with some wound issues.
​​​​​​
my surgical incision opened up again a couple of weeks after surgery, just a couple of centimeters of it, near the clavicle. It has been very slow to heal so now they are trying negative pressure therapy. In the meantime I can't exercise! Very frustrating.

How're you?

I am hanging in there, waiting it out for the SSDI appeal date. I have the attorney working on it. And now have to battle Medicaid. Being in a battle seems to be my struggle these days. I have not had much luck in getting someone to help with my little mental issues yet. Hopefully, I win my Medicaid battle, I will be getting some help soon. You just take care, do what the doctors tell you and you will recover from surgery just fine. Hang in there.

Back