Surgery Costs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mhubbard

I am curious of what AVR surgery costs. I know it probably depends on the type of valve and procedure but I would like some input as to how much the surgery cost and how much you had to pay after insurance. Surgery is on the horizon for me and this is a concern for me. Thanks.

Marty

Hi Marty

Welcome.

Think you will find that surgery costs vary from state to state. Most insurance companies have a maximun out of pocket for the year. Beleive mine was a thousand or so. Not bad for the what seemed liked constant care, tests, medication, etc.

Take care

Marty - My surgery cost was $100k for the hospital plus doctors. My insurance worked well, it seems I paid less than $1k of it.

Hi Marty!

Can't help you out there. In Canada we don't
have to pay for health care. But our waiting time
I think is alot longer.

:) Judy

Howdy$$$

Howdy$$$

I believe the cost of my Aortic Valve Replacement was around $150,000 . It depends greatly on the number of days in ICU and total of days admitted to the hospital.

I also had to be taken back into OR after I was in ICU for half a day so that cranked the cost up drastically.

On the bright side, my insurance covered everything except $250 which was my co-pay amount :D

Costs

Costs

In 2000 my ARV homograft at the Cleveland clinic tallied up to about $65000, which surprised me. I thought it would be much more. All went well and and I was out in 5 days. Believe me it was worth it. Insurance paid all but about $200.

Cost

Cost

My mother's recent surgery (AVR replaced/triscupid repaired) cost $80,000.

Crystal

Wow, mine was cheap! Mine only cost $38,000! I spent 4 days in the hospital, got 2 blood transfusions, and over the past year, I have had 3 major surgeries, and Still it only cost $122K! I only have a copay of $132.00 left, and for the actual surgery, I had NO COPAY! My copay is from January, I just recieved that bill. Well, Take it easy!

Cost of surgery

Cost of surgery

Hi, I am in Maryland and had my surgery at St Josephs Hosp and I think total cost was about $50,000 give or take a few bucks. I had to pay about $5,000 out of pocket. I was worried as well about it. I work for myself as a hairstylist out of a shop in my house and since I wasn't working my husbands check had to stretch a bit further. I am the money stretcher in the family and hubby doesn't even touch the check book nor wants to (kinda like a computer I guess he hates both) I was wondering how long it would be till my mind was clear enough to sit and pay Bills. A friend of mine said to stack those medical bills in a file and when I feel better then go at it. The big ones were the Anethstesiolgist
(sp), the surgeon and the hospital. So I called them to make sure it was fine to pay a little at a time. They were great and asked me what I thought I could afford. they waited patiently for there money and I thinkwithin about a year from recovery or more I paid them all. Actually I would slip a perm or haircolor in about twice a week to give me some cash after about amonth post op. I would have to take a nap after each but hey it gave me cash. I even did a few haircuts. It was definatly worth every penny I
can say. If it takes your whole life to pay it off at what ever you can afford each month than thats more life than you
would have if you don't have the surgery. Focus on your well being and not the bills they come later. It all works out
Best wishes to you

Latest posts

Back