Surgery Cancelled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

After being at Duke from 10am until 4:30 pm..in gown, booties and shower cap..my surgery was cancelled!!:mad:
The person scheduled at 7am had run into big time trouble and then they got in 3 emergancies one of which was Pediatric..that took up all the teams and OR's..so we were sent home:mad: We were pretty upset and I was starved I had supper at 5 last night (won'r make that mistake again) so it was24 hours with out food or water. My Daughter who arranged time off and flew down from Philadelpphis must go home on Sunday and she was devestated, my son managed to rearrrange more time off and my Husband who was just about off the walls by then ..were all less than happy...ME on the other hand..I was thrilled!! I felt like I had a last minute reprive from the Governor and a stay of execution. I will have a lovely weekend with my husband and kids. :) :) I am resheduled for Tuesday at 7am..no-one ahead of me..so it all should work out well..so please resend all of your prayers and good wishes for Tuesfday morning..Thanks to all off you for your many emails.
Peace!!
Joan

Joan,
oh my God, can i ever relate!!!! joey had his surgery yesterday. he was originally scheduled to have it a week ago, but because of the wtc attack, we had to postpone for a week! same karma, i guess.
i'm such a believer in things happening for a reason.

i felt the same way that you do_ found time! you still go through that pre- surgical anxiety a few days before though.
you'll do fine. just be patient and try to relax.

joey was having a reallly bad day today and the guided imagery tapes/cd's really did the trick!! you still have a week; you may want to look into them. there is a thread on them about diane tusek (www.guidedimagery.com)_she's amazing!
my prayers are with you and i will be looking for some postings on your progress.
god bless and be well.
-sylvia

Have a truly wonderful family weekend. You're in good hands on all sides.

Peter

Back