Surgeons Morristown NJ

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has your Cardiologist recommended a Surgeon?

I seem to recall a large Surgical Group on NJ but forgot it's name. Try a GOOGLE Search for "Heart Surgeons NJ" etc.

I think there are some excellent Surgeons in / near Philadelphia also (CHOP?). And NYC.

Be sure to ask any surgeon you interview "How many Aortic Valve Replacements do you perform per year". The Good Ones will be doing at least 100, or 200 or more for the Best. The more they do, the better they are.

'AL Capshaw'

The Parr Group used to rule heart surgery in Morristown Memorial. I don't know if they're still called that. They were the top of the heap up there five years ago, under Dr. Grant Parr. The group is likely still together.

My surgeon, Dr. Tryone Krause, is in Newark now, at St. Michael's. He's great. There are several, very top-of-the-line surgeons at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.

Best wishes,

We are willing to go out of the Morristown NJ area. This is all coming at us fast i still have one more test Transesohageal Echo. Then my cardiologist will make recommendations. But he is sure i will need surgery

Dr. J. Brown is reputable at Morristown Hopital. Not sure if he performs min evasive.

I;m from the area but chose to have mine done at NY Pres.Weill Cornell by Dr. L. Girardi. He does not do min evasive. He is fantastic. I highly recommend you arrange a consutation with both. NYP and Girardi take almost all insurance policies. Be sure to ask anyone you meet and if you will be admitted as an elective procedure.

NYP is in the top 10 for OHS and you can search this forum for others who have been there.

BAVR with ON-X 27mm and Dacron conduit Dec 2008 NYP Weill Cornell

Has your Cardiologist recommended a Surgeon?

I seem to recall a large Surgical Group on NJ but forgot it's name. Try a GOOGLE Search for "Heart Surgeons NJ" etc.

I think there are some excellent Surgeons in / near Philadelphia also (CHOP?). And NYC.

Be sure to ask any surgeon you interview "How many Aortic Valve Replacements do you perform per year". The Good Ones will be doing at least 100, or 200 or more for the Best. The more they do, the better they are.

'AL Capshaw'

CHOP is right next door to the hosp of the Univ Pa, and alot of the doctors practice at both centers. Justin goes to CHOP for his surgeries and his surgeon is Spray http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/surgery/faculty/tls.html
THE aortic guy at HUP is Bavaria http://pennhealth.com/Wagform/MainPage.aspx?config=provider&P=PP&ID=823 I'm not sure if he does Min invasive

Latest posts

Back