Superglue and wounds (on warfarin)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Not strictly related to anticoagulation so I didn't put it there.

https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2021/06/superglue-wound-dressing.html
For sure this is not news to "old hands" but we don't just have "the experienced" here ... so perhaps this is "one less thing" for a person weighing up "life on warfarin" to worry about.

Best Wishes

Man oh man I wish wish wish I could just use that on my incision. Sigh.

Super glue is great! It saved a dive trip once. I had cut my hand on some sharp coral at 70ft depth (blood is green at that depth). I had some superglue to mend stuff like wet suit. My wife put it on the wound and I was able to continue diving the rest of the week.

Man oh man I wish wish wish I could just use that on my incision. Sigh.
Probably could have if done much earlier in the process. How is your incision wound now? I'm thinking after all this time, the inside edges have healed over, and probably need to be cut and re-sutured or glued to heal together. Just a thought. Hang in there!

any improvement in the wound area yet with your new foods
I don’t know, lol. I can tell you that grocery bills have increased what with wild-caught salmon and organic free range pasture-raised grain-fed hand-washed daily-picked eggs. and cheese.

The thing is, CC insists you should keep your incision open to air, and dry. But after following that advice for 9 weeks I’ve finally just covered the open part with an Aquaphor-coated gauze pad. We’ll see what happens now.

Seriously though? It’s 2021! Why is there not a glue patch you can stick on, forget about, and rub off in a week?

Not strictly related to anticoagulation so I didn't put it there.

https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2021/06/superglue-wound-dressing.html
For sure this is not news to "old hands" but we don't just have "the experienced" here ... so perhaps this is "one less thing" for a person weighing up "life on warfarin" to worry about.

Best Wishes
That might have been useful a couple of weeks ago. I was putting a trailer hitch on my wife's Honda so I can put a bike rack on it and as I pulled my arm back the stamping scene for the muffler sliced my left forearm open pretty good... It took a nice clean v-shaped chunk out, anyway it was bleeding pretty bad even without warfarin but I wanted to get the job done. Plus you gave me two conflicting thoughts on her end The first one was "You should get that looked at" and the second one was "I'd like my car to be operational". So I took some of that septic powder used to stop dogs nails from bleeding when you cut them too short and after rinsing out the cut I stuffed a bunch of that in there and wrapped it up. The bleeding almost entirely stopped so I finished the job and did some more work around the house but by the time I got up to the local urgent care they were closed. The next day I made it there but they said it was too late for the stitches I should have gotten the day before but if I came back in 5 days they could stitch it.

I don’t know, lol. I can tell you that grocery bills have increased what with wild-caught salmon and organic free range pasture-raised grain-fed hand-washed daily-picked eggs. and cheese.

The thing is, CC insists you should keep your incision open to air, and dry. But after following that advice for 9 weeks I’ve finally just covered the open part with an Aquaphor-coated gauze pad. We’ll see what happens now.

Seriously though? It’s 2021! Why is there not a glue patch you can stick on, forget about, and rub off in a week?
Picked eggs or pickled eggs? Caught me by surprise. And I had not healing problems with the open wounds. Had a visit nurse cover them and the surgeon on the follow up was very angry. I had to keep the open situation and healed very well afterward.

Another example (I knew I should have put the work gloves back on)
IMG_20210606_072453.jpg

Hole saw grabbed...

Latest posts

Back