Sunrise Century benefits MESA (Moving to End Sexual Assault

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

Well, I took a shot at th Sunrise Century 75 mile cycling route out of Boulder, Colorado, on June 14. The event raises money for the MESA (Moving to End Sexual Assault) organization.

I thought the Elephant Rock event a couple of weeks ago; the E-Rock wasn't even close to the difficulty of the Sunrise. Mile after mile of continous climbing with a headwind (10-20 mph) in the Rockies made for a rough ride. Conditions kept the sag vehicles busy. Another complicating factor were some sections of highway where some placed hundreds of tacks in the road. Thak God I had switched to self-sealing tubes last week.

My valve and dacron aortic graft seem to have held up better than other parts of me. My knees are killing me. Despite the difficult conditions, I managed to stay within the heart rate goals I had set for myself. I managed to finish in 5 hours 40 minutes.

The route took me through some beautiful country in Colorado's Front Range. I may drive the route next week so I can enjoy the scenry more.

-Philip

Don't know how I missed this, but I did. Congratulations. Don't suppose you can take some pics of the route if you drive it?

Latest posts

Back