Stuffed Green Olives

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zipper

Hi all,

I know this sounds crazy..but...I find the Vitamin E content for black olives but not for the green ones stuffed with pimiento...AND I get cravings for them..LOL!

Anybody know how much Vit K is in these little devils..lol..???

Thanx,

Zipper *~*

Oooops!

Oooops!

Sorry..I meant Vit K in the black olives! Zip

Green olives and Vioxx too :)

Green olives and Vioxx too :)

Zipper

It must be pretty low. I eat them frequently. INR did not budge.
If they are black olives......there is almost zip in them. No pun intended.

PS. Noticed your post on the Vioxx. My doctor told me that med usually increases your INR. As do antibiotics.

I take a dive while on antibiotics! Go figure. When adding or deleting a new medication.....test 3-4 days after to look for fluctuations.

Thanx Gina

Thanx Gina

Hi Gina,

Thank you! I'll be able to eat those little green olives free of guilt, I think. Except are they really high sodium ? LOL..Isn't everything high in SOMETHING ?? LOL!

U-no ...my INR drops with antibiotics, too...I really do not want to take any more 'rat poison' than necessary...so I try my best to avoid the need to take more coumadin. I presently take 5mg per day and keep it consistant...but am always aware of things that may alter that and try to avoid them.

This is a wonderful site and great people! I have to thank "Rob that's me" for directing me here. I frequent the WebMD message board with Laurie Anderson RN...We have a guy there named "Cardiostar" who is brilliant and volunteers his time to help heart disease patients. But for heart valve problems...this is the place!!

Thanx again...Zipper

OR better yet my real name is Joan. *~*

I also had a huge craving for green olives after my AVR!
Also, since I don't drink much anymore my husband orders martinis with 2 olives and I get to enjoy one of them, Yummm
Gail

green olives

green olives

hi, i realize this is a old post, but i was searching for recipies and came across yours about olives.. i thought i was losing my mind.. but i've always loved green olives, but after my AVR i could wipe out a jar in few days.. now i see i'm not alone.. i think it's the sodium i'm craving.. quick drinking beer and severly cut back on french fries and potatoe chips.. but green olives are not all THAT great.. they're high in fat.. since i'm trying to lose 15 more pounds (the 10 i gained back after being discharged from hospital plus 5 more) and lower my high cholesterol, i'm trying to get 'unaddicted' to them.. doing ok so far considering i have 2 'sams club' size jars in the cabinet calling my name..

have a great day..
christine

Latest posts

Back