Struggling with the loud ticking nosie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ClickityClack;n878390 said:
Well I also design shutters for a living (for cameras and such, not houses) so it has a double meaning :)

How rare and unusual. Copal?
My nicname here is based on (among other things) the Canon Pellix (which is of course not actually a shutter :).

An honourable profession (says a photographer)

Hi

JL
JLmatus;n878384 said:
...I look at the ticking sound this way. I would rather put up with a ticking sound than to have to face the alternative if this type of surgery was not available. Be thankful for your extended lease on life. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm not sure but I think that Paul is thankful but that does not diminish his frustration with the issue, for instance he wrote:

Paul;n878372 said:
Oh well such is life..friends of mine have cancer, parkinsons so clicking away doesnt seem so bad, im just disapointed in the result, it wasnt like the brocher.

the reason I'm writing this is because while I agree with you that it "could be worse" I also think that these are significant issues which also need to be addressed and not just pretend they'll go away (when often this causes them not to).

Like so many other things perception plays an important role in the process. If people just tell others to "man up" rather than give some strategies for coping then longer term the issue may magnify before it goes away .. meaning Paul has a worse experience than he needs to for longer.

I initially missed this part in my reply (I'm already accused of being verbose), so I hope Paul can now view what I initially wrote from this perspective.

​​​​​​​:)

I have been looking at valve replacement since my valve was "repaired" at age 11. I waited 39 years for science to come up with the next big thing....turns out its the same St. Jude model wittled out of wood from 1876. I dont need the "things could be worse speach" im not fricken 6 years old, my point is that not all replaced valves have that cute little click sound you hear from time time. You can hear mine from across the room, the dam thing actually shakes my neck when I run on the tread mill, and it runs rough like a motor with a broken piston rod. SO MY POINT BEING... when your cartiologist say "We will have you back good as new and you might notice a little tick sound when your in a quiet room....dont count on it.

I chose the mechanical valve because I dont want to be cracked open again, I knew what I was getting into but the facts are you will get what you get so BE READY FOR THE WORST and be thankfull for the best.

I havent been laying on my ass like some cry baby who just got heart surgery, **** Iwalk on my treadmill almost every day, I just gutted and redid my kitchen in 14 days the first two weeks of July, been so busy at work I havent had a day off in 6 weeks and have booked the Reggae Marathon in Jamaica for this December, and my surgery was Oct 27 2016. So I dont need the "dont be so sensitve" speech either.

So on that note..... YA VALVES CAN BE QUITE NOISY... I hope you get a quiet one.

Paul

Latest posts

Back