Strong emotions at post operative visit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense to have those emotions I think. You spend so much time for pre-surgery follow up, post surgery follow up, INR Check ups, etc. etc, etc.....by the time its all over, everyone there knows your name and you know theirs. About 3 months post op, my wife and I brought a card and a bunch of heart themed cupcakes to one of the follow up visits.

The staff and doctors were actually very appreciative and shocked by it. I think they probably enjoy some patient feed back more than we think.

The most helpful and best doctor I had over the period of heart surgery, both before, during and after, was actually my endocrinologist. He checked on me every day I was in hospital. He saw me straight away as emergency post surgery when things were going badly and organised blood tests and referrals. None of this was due to my 'endocrine' system, it was just that he is the most fantastic, the most clever and the most caring doctor. He is in touch with my cardiologist always too now with follow ups. I gave him a bottle of wine - but that is not enough, nothing could be. I could kiss him but that wouldn't be appropriate !

Back