Still Alive and Welll

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robt Z

Hello friends! This is RobtZ. 1st time on new forum. Am doing ok I think after May 8th aortic valve and root replacement.
Wondering what became of Steve in Florida.
Has anyone experienced blurred vision from time to time?
Happening now gotta go.

Blurred Vision

Blurred Vision

I know it's a common side-effect post-surgery.
I just had AVR July 3 and my sight still hasn't quite gotten back to normal.

I usually wear contact lens', however, I've found them pretty uncomfortable to wear for more than a couple of hours. It's as though my body is sucking the moisture out of them despite the constant use of drops I put in.

Even with glasses, I've found my vision is still a little blurry, but it's almost back to normal.

Do you still have the vision problem now? I wonder if it might be something else since you are a few months out from your surgery? (I don't recall being plagued by vision problems more than a month after surgery last time I went in).
Kev

Steve in Florida

Steve in Florida

Steve in Florida is fine. You can use the search feature on the main forum page and search for "Steve and Florida" and come up with results.

Some of the heart meds affect vision. My brother went to his opthalmologist who, upon looking into his eyes, said "I see you are on a heart medication". And my brother's vision was blurred, too.

Hello Robert

Hello Robert

Hey Robert,

I had a problem with little ?snake? kind of things in my vision. It still happens occasionally. I figured out it happens mostly when my blood pressure is low and my is INR is high. It?s really hard to be sure... but I believe this because a few times when it happened I was just finishing my exercise class and my BP was very low... I came home and tested my INR each time to see if there was a connection and it was always high. It hasn?t happened to me in a while, but was happening just a couple months ago. My surgery was 4-6-00. My cardio lowered the amount of Toprol I was taking by half (beta blocker) and I straightened up my act about ?living with coumadin? and I?m doing a LOT better.

I?m not sure we?re talking about the same vision problems.. but thought I?d pass my own experiences on to you.

Rain

Hey Rain

Interesting concept about 'blood pressure' and visual disturbances. As you recall ee have had this conversation many times over, trying to figure out what brings the little flashing snake out, etc.

Like you..most of the time my INR has been high when these episodes occur. Yesterday I tested at 5.3, yikes. The last two days = headache and visual disturbance. Also noticed my blood pressure to be on the low side. This would make perfect sense.

Did you have any concerns with your INR dropping upon decreasing your beta blocker? I have, that is why I am currently on a roller costar ride.

Oh well, if you can't beat em'....... Let's say a prayer to the Exantra God. When and if that day comes we will really have cause to celebrate!

Hope all is well in your world.

Latest posts

Back