Sternum

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mike anthony

I'm almost 9 months post-op and a couple of weeks ago I started to have pain on the upper part of my sternum(right side of the incision line). It is a dull pain unless I push on the area were the pain is coming from, than it is very painful. My question? This does not feel like a pulled musle, so I was wondering if anyone has had chest pain caused from the wires?...Should I get chest x-rays to be safe? Or could it be from the cold....it has been cold here lately in Seattle.

Hi Mike-

Since it is so specific to the area and when you push on it and it hurts, please call your doctor today and have it evaluated. You need someone with a "magic eye" to find out what's going on inside. :)

Mike

Mike

Did you read Dr. Khan's post under bowling? He posted about the Sternum last night? When did you start golfing again? Months after VR???Bonnie

sternum

sternum

I had my surgery at the end of February and 3 wires taken out on 09/18/ due to what you are describing. Seems that I had a fracture which was pushing the wire back and rubbing on a muscle. It is finally feeling better. The surgeon ordered a chest xray and this is what it showed. I had the 3 on the bottom of the sternum taken out. I could hardly wear a bra since it was so painful. After 6 weeks it is starting to feel better. He said that it could take 3 mos. before the new stitches dissolved which made big bumps on the incision. I don't know how I got the fracture but I think it was done at the time of surgery since that spot never was painfree. I had 8 wires but now have 5. Went to the hospital as an outpatient and was put to sleep. Had all internal stitches again. Hope this helps,:D

Mike - I've have some pain immediately below and to the right of the sternum that comes and goes. Can't figure out what it might be. If it gets worse, I'll start the investigation process. Chris

Latest posts

Back