Sternum wire question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShezaGirlie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My AVR surgery was in Oct. 1999 no problems until now. Feels like a sternum wire is poking me on the right side of my sternum and it’s quite painful . Has anyone experienced something similar to this and what did you do? Thanks for all info!

Last edited:
I had something similar, but instead of poking my sternum, it was poking through my chest. Like the previous post said, chest X-ray shows what’s up real fast. I just had an aneurysm repair and the surgeon cleaned up the old stuff and made the new stuff better. He said it was a mess. Must have been how they did things back then, mine was in 1998

I had something similar, but instead of poking my sternum, it was poking through my chest. Like the previous post said, chest X-ray shows what’s up real fast. I just had an aneurysm repair and the surgeon cleaned up the old stuff and made the new stuff better. He said it was a mess. Must have been how they did things back then, mine was in 1998
Your chest is part of the sternum. Glad yours showed up on x-ray. Bet it was not a mess, just that he took the old and put in new. Happens a bit.

Sorry I’m so late in replying…but, yes my wire has gone awry and is visible on the X-ray. I haven’t done anything about it yet as currently I’m just being careful not to lift anything heavy. The doc said it’s outpatient surgery, but I’m so tired of the scalpel…

Thanks for the update.

The doc said it’s outpatient surgery, but I’m so tired of the scalpel…
It is probably a relatively minor surgery.

Earlier you said this:

Feels like a sternum wire is poking me on the right side of my sternum and it’s quite painful

So, I hope that you get the fix, because it is no fun to be in pain and it sounds like there is an outpatient procedure to take care of the issue.

Latest posts

Back