Staying the Course -- September the Fuzzy Week 2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Typing is not easy with all the medical insertions in my fingers and arms. But finally trying, The 9/19/19 operation to zap a big aortic aneursym and install a new bovine valve replacing my 15 year old porcine one went well. But there were concerns about blood clots and my UNC/CHAPELHILL surgeon and team are addressing them agressively.On continuous heparin IVS through weekend and bridging to coudamin for use for 3 months. Glad they were on top of it. MUCH more later -- I feel well, but is hard to handle this right typing now.

Cheerio,
Superbob

Bob. How great to hear from you!! There was a guy in my cohort who got a clot in his leg. Dissolved with heparin, like your guys are doing. Sounds like a hiccup.

That's great news! I needed some.

Oh man. Sooo cool to hear from you.

SuperBob - it's good to hear from you.

By now, I'd have expected speech-to-text to be at a stage where it was accurate enough for practically anyone to use, and as easy as pressing one key (maybe a pair of keys) to turn on. (It's probably already on your computer, but hiding).

This would have made it SO much easier for any of us who have trouble with the keyboard.

I'll be watching for your next update, and hope that everything goes very smoothly from this point forward -- even if you can't type for a while.

Bob, about time you came back and started a new thread!

Glad it is behind you and you are doing OK. Two things I learned from my stay, make sure you stay hydrated and sleep whenever you can.

Latest posts

Back