Staying the Course -- October 27, 2020

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Welcome to a new week, all you Coursers out there. Hope your week will be a wonderful one. It will lead all the way up to Halloween, and then just two days later, Election Day for the USA. Masks permitted or even encouraged, or required at the polling places -- but not Halloween ones. (Tempting as they might be to wear this year.)

We are going dark-house Halloween for first time in half a century and not handling out candy to the 300 to 400 who come trick-or-treating down our street. I am the only one in my household able to handle the 3-hour up-and-down marathon, and I just feel like playing it safe and sitting this one out. Watching football maybe, or the PBS British flicks my wife prefers.

Early tomorrow morning, I have a date with the dermatologists to take out a "squamous cell carcinoma." Understand if they catch these in time and excise them, they can be routine and minor. Sure hope that's the case. A tad nervous going in for yet another kind of surgery, albeit a "minor" one.

Loving the unexpected blast of cool air Elliedawg and I got Monday morning. Even better news is that a real cold front is supposed to move in here on Friday. Walking weather! -- we two old dawgs love it!

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, I had my ear surgery yesterday, and it took longer than I expected but my dermatologist said lab results show that she took out all the cancerous cells. Yes, Mike Tyson could have done the job much more swiftly, as he did on his opponent's ear in his infamous bout with Evander Holyfield :p; however, I much prefer the careful, tender care of my lovely dermatology team. My wound wrap came completely off in my sleep last night, so I've got to put the antibiotic ointment on it and somehow rewrap it this morning. Anyway, progress on one medical front --now on to several others.:)

Light week in the response column. Thought I’d share our COVID Halloween experience.

At the last minute, we decided to give it a try, not knowing what to expect. The big neighborhood that we go to close by was ready! The people passing out candy had fire pits going and tables with candy set out at the end of their driveways. All social distanced. That was cool.

But the best were the people that built PVC tube shoots where our kids held their buckets or bags at one end, and the people dropped candy down the shoot. Definitely more than six feet. One hooked it up to an electric leaf blower or something and launched candy down a 20 ft tube. So cool!

Bonus was with all the long driveways in this neighborhood, it was way faster than most years. Candy was at the end of the driveways, so no walking up and down needed.

SB, glad to hear your ear surgery is over and you had good results.
Weather is finally cooled down in the evenings. We almost missed out on fires here but last Monday we finally had one locally. It has burned up some of our local hiking trails and up into the local mountains again.
Still working some at home and some at work. That's it here.
Martin

We had a total of one doorbell ring that had two teen treaters which is a new low for us. I have stashed the leftover candy in the bottom drawer of the fridge with a paper bag that says "50 lbs" over it and filled eye level of the fridge with fresh fruit, homemade soups and salads, and premade meals.

Latest posts

Back