Staying the Course -- July 14, 2020

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Whatcha got?

Ain't got much here 'cept enough zany happenings within the younger part of my family to provide fodder for a century's worth of "Days of Our Lives" scripts. None of which I can write about here or anywhere, of course.

Another strange happening: A huge thunderstorm brewed up with no warning yesterday and yielded many direct lightning hits and several fires in the area. We didn't take a direct hit; however, it knocked out our wi-fi network. Proving myself once again to be a technological genius, I fixed it without calling the Internet provider or any local geeks. My method is pure genius, but instead of patenting it, I will share it with you good friends, gratis:

1. Unplug everything.

2. Wait one minute.

3. Plug everything back in.

It is plum amazing how often that works.

Health and fitness wise, hanging in there -- walking the dawg when can manage the oppressive heat and humidity. Ellie demanded a walk at 10 a.m., and even though the heat index was already at 100(F) and the wind speed was 0 (no saving seabreeze!), we did it, and managed to survive, if barely.

Waiting for my August/September cardio checkups and imaging one year out from my aneurysm & valve OHS, and then we'll see about a consult on fixing the upper-abdomen incisional hernia or just living with it. I did some fairly hefty household lifting and it popped out even more but then I cooled it with that stuff and it seems to have receded considerably. We'll see. Anyway, I actually look forward to the CT-Scan to see how ticker and everything else related are doing.

Loved the pix some of you good folks have been sharing. I spent large part of childhood in Tennessee and so your post about the Great Smokies brought back some great memories, Superman!

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️

Whatcha got?

Ain't got much here 'cept enough zany happenings within the younger part of my family to provide fodder for a century's worth of "Days of Our Lives" scripts. None of which I can write about here or anywhere, of course.

Another strange happening: A huge thunderstorm brewed up with no warning yesterday and yielded many direct lightning hits and several fires in the area. We didn't take a direct hit; however, it knocked out our wi-fi network. Proving myself once again to be a technological genius, I fixed it without calling the Internet provider or any local geeks. My method is pure genius, but instead of patenting it, I will share it with you good friends, gratis:

1. Unplug everything.

2. Wait one minute.

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️

I recall a joke about Microsoft engineers having car trouble determining that if they close all the windows, shut the car off, restart it, and open all the windows , they should be fine.

I was successful in my swimming aspirations. Actually, I decided to do local versions of July vacations I might normally take. Saturday was hiking Nine mile creek. Sunday was kayaking and swimming at White Bear Lake and hiking the prairie at Hyland. Today I had a mini Boundary Waters experience at Lebanon Hills Park! 8 lakes, 12 portages, almost no people. It was a happy substitute. I’m grateful to live so close to nature all the time. F58E4464-4823-451A-8C7A-C7738114F6B6.jpeg683CE9C6-2CF1-4D26-A54A-253CDDB7AA3A.jpegB8139A3C-1170-4A2E-AA12-43671F39EFF7.jpegBB6DC696-2BE8-4BD8-9CE1-82D0E549CB48.jpegAA156530-19FC-49C4-81C3-FC8294111A00.jpeg

I have been having extremely painful arthritis in my hips and knees for the last year or so. My chiropractor said it was from taking Crestor, but I was taking such a low dose (5 mg every other day) I thought it was from something else.

Recently my prescription got messed up, so I took Crestor every 3rd day for a week and then decided to stop it for a few weeks and see if arthritis got better. Before I get lectured, it was my decision to take a low dose of Crestor when I was trying everything I could to reverse aortic stenosis. It has been shown that a low dose of Crestor reduces inflammation, and even though I already had low inflammation I asked my doctor for a prescription to try it.

At night, the pain almost brought me to tears as the pain had me rolling from one side to the other to relieve the pain on one side for a few minutes. Arthritis creams, pain killers, wraps, nothing helped. A week after stopping Crestor, the pain is gone! Life changing.

Whatcha got?

1. Unplug everything.

2. Wait one minute.

Health and fitness wise, hanging in there -- walking the dawg when can manage the oppressive heat and humidity. Ellie demanded a walk at 10 a.m., and even though the heat index was already at 100(F) and the wind speed was 0 (no saving seabreeze!), we did it, and managed to survive, if barely.

Waiting for my August/September cardio checkups and imaging one year out from my aneurysm & valve OHS, and then we'll see about a consult on fixing the upper-abdomen incisional hernia or just living with it. I did some fairly hefty household lifting and it popped out even more but then I cooled it with that stuff and it seems to have receded considerably. We'll see. Anyway, I actually look forward to the CT-Scan to see how ticker and everything else related are doing.

Loved the pix some of you good folks have been sharing. I spent large part of childhood in Tennessee and so your post about the Great Smokies brought back some great memories, Superman!

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️

More from the Smokies. Been practicing stitching panorama’s. These aren’t the hold the button and move your phone types. Used my big camera and took a series of photos then used software to stitch them together. Much cleaner than the cell phone picture and I could print this 4 ft wide at very high quality.
C604A7F6-0B18-4510-B733-748D4F3F28E5.jpeg

Back