Staying the Course -- January 25, 2021

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Welcome, hearty Coursers, to the final full week of January 2021. My, doth tempus fugit when you are having fun. (Just a dash of sarcasm here, not to mention showing off my five years of Latin as a schoolboy.)

Ah but on a quiet Sunday morning, we received a most pleasant and welcome phone call. It was from Tidelands Health saying that our turn in line for our Covid-19 shots had come up. I had feared that I had jumped in line online a few hours too late to avoid being well back in a line of 30,000, but evidently not. Anyway, wife and I will receive our first shots this Wednesday (wow!) and our 21-days-later shots on February 17.

They will be administered at a little shopping mall a few blocks from one of Tidelands' major hospitals. My wife has allergies to a variety of antibiotics but her doctor says that should be no problem. And I have no allergies that I know of. Of course who wouldn't feel a little unease about vaccines so speedily rushed to market in an effort to quell a pandemic? However, we are hoping to go in well-hydrated, rested, and as relaxed as possible.

We figure it's worth a shot (no pun intended).

Wish us well.

God willing and the river don't rise, I shall report back.

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️🦸‍♀️

Last edited:
Our tech make over at the house is nearly complete. Picked up a 2tb SSD, 16 GB ram M1 Mac Mini and 4K monitor. Got three security cameras. Running three power over Ethernet cables through the attic and down the walls (one of these is installed and running). Connecting the new computer, the cameras, and the NAS all to the modem/router to eliminate any WiFi hiccups. Have everything plugged into a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) surge protector. This provides battery backup and triggers a safe shutdown of everything in case the power goes out. Picked the UPS up at Costco.

The new computer is just blazing fast. I’d hate to do the math on how much of our life was wasted waiting on the old one to process things. 😂. I rendered a 9 image panorama in a couple minutes. I used to set aside a couple hours and could count on a computer crash or two with the software trying to process. Crazy.

Connect the other two cameras, fine tune the settings, clean up the wires, and done.

Don't want this week's thread to be all about me, but guess a quick update is in order re our Covid vaccine expedition yesterday. We had to make a harrowing drive through torrential rain to get to the site, so we were worn out when we got there, but staff was exceptionally nice and got my wife into a wheelchair, which helped. Also exceptionally well organized process for sign-in, registration, shots, and recovery. I barely felt the needle at all and still have close to zero pain. My wife, though, has considerable arm pain, though she was able to sleep last night. This is a very common side-effect. With Tylenol and icepacks, she should be fine. We are already scheduled for shot No. 2 (Pfizer) same place three weeks from now. All in all, a positive experience. Keeping fingers crossed that vaccinations will help end the COVID-19 nightmare for us individually and as a nation (and world).

Cheerio -- and let's hear what you all have going along your courses today. Thought I would catch up on my dawgwalking today with skies due to clear, however, with wind speeds and temps both in 30s, may give myself one more day of cover-shot-recovery (loafing)...Cheers, Superbob

Latest posts

Back