Staying the Course -- Felicitations, Year 2021

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Dear Hearty Coursers, best wishes for this new week and of course the New Year in which we are placing so much hope. I'm thinking we shouldn't go hog wild with our expectations of cotton candy and rainbows over the next 12 months. No doubt there will be good happenings and bad in 2021, as with any year. We can just hope for more rays of hope and good will to shine through than did during the generally dark morass of 2020.

How did you ring in the New? My wife and I, as has been our custom for many years, just had a little family party (party of two this time), with a little bubbly and lots of munchies and crunchies and sweet treats that aren't usually on our dinner table. We didn't find much recognizable music on the boob tube's major networks but we surfed around for some oldie fare.

Many years ago, when we were young and foolish, we went to a New Year's bash at a friends' house and I got silly-faced drunk. I suffered the most horrendous hangover consequently and decided that was no way to start a New Year. Spoiled the Rose Parade and football bowl games for me. So I have never repeated it.

COVID-19 vaccination is Topic A for 2021. My wife kept urging me to ask our local CVS if they would be administering it and I kept assuring her that nobody knows anything right now. But the other day I did ask the pharmacist, and she enthusiastically replied that yes they would and we should sign up promptly when they notify us. We are next up: priority 1B -- old as the hills folks. I should not have been surprised about CVS's involvement for they are forever being nanny to us -- refilling prescriptions via auto-fill when I haven't put in for them, and hawking sundry other vaccinations (pneumonia, shingles et al.) that they could give us. I have grumbled at times about being profiled (my age is right there on each medicine bottle); however, I've about decided I ought to just accept CVS' embrace. Maybe they will give me hot chocolate and cookies too. Or hot toddies, even better -- for medicinal purposes.

Okay, Happy New Year then --- what's been going on with you all? Look forward to hearing from you. May 2021 be safe, healthy, and happy for one and all.

Cheers,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️

We celebrated New Years Eve with just the two of us working a puzzle. Then on New Years we got up later and did a run with friends to the Pier in San Clemente and back, about 4.5 miles. Weather was perfect, we could see Catalina Island and also Santa Cruz Island. Tailgate party followed. And it was my b'day, glad I could celebrate with friends.

I'm not sure about the vaccine. I don't think we're going to have an opportunity to get it until this summer. COVID is bad here in So Cal and we're being extra careful. We're luck that we're both physically active and in good health.

Looking forward to a better year ahead.

Latest posts

Back