Staying the Course -- December 8, 2020

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"... people with a history of severe allergic reactions to any components of the Moderna shot should avoid getting that vaccine." (From The Hill story above)

So are they going to make public each and every component of the vaccine, and an assessment of the risks of each? And how would one know beforehand if he or she were allergic to components that the patient may never have encountered before?

This gets me, too. It's not like the ancient days when they used horse serum (I think) in a few different vaccines - if you react to it from one vaccine, you avoid any others that have it.

Unless they provide a list of some of the components that may cause an allergic reaction in some people, how can you know? And even if they DID supply that list, how would you know what it was that you reacted to previously?

This is clearly CYA information.

[QUOTE = "Sheenas7, ανάρτηση: 901294, μέλος: 15139"]
Παρατηρήθηκε κάποιος εδώ όταν εμβολίασαν τον VP Pence, ο γιατρός τον ρώτησε εάν έπαιρνε αντιπηκτικά φάρμακα; Τι σημαίνει αυτό για εμάς που είμαστε; Ο καθένας ξέρει;
[/ΠΑΡΑΘΕΤΩ, ΑΝΑΦΟΡΑ]
https://www.anticoagulationuk.org/n...Tjxqfvhzi7J6WnAHQk_Zhx5DW3GwXRAajQmuDB-HJstBo

Did anyone here notice when they vaccinated VP Pence, the doctor asked him if he was on anticoagulation meds? What does that mean for us who are? Anyone know?
I did not see but it could be a question regarding the concern of bleeding.

Aspirin doesn't work the same way as warfarin. The question was probably about Eliquis and the other anticoagulant that they're giving to people with AFib. Aspirin makes the platelets less sticky - and I have doubts that the person giving the injection cared much about this.

The question may be as simple as one about preparing to stop bleeding at the injection site after the injection is given. Resolving the issue may have been as simple as taking a cotton ball or square of gauze and pressing it after the injection to stop the bleeding.

There may also be some bruising because of the displaced tissues.

The injection may cause some bruising, but shouldn't be that big a deal.

(I suspect that, since this was being taped or televised live, having blood leaking after the injection would have sent the wrong message about the vaccination -- standing by with something to stop the bleeding would have been the right way to avoid the appearance of excess bleeding after the injection).

It is a question on the form for vaccination. I answered yes and nobody cared and I go vaccinated. I think that it is asked due to potential bleeding at the injection site which is a IM injection. I had none with 3.0 INR. Nothing to do with altering INR.

My guess is that it has to do with potential bleeding at the site of injection. I regularly have been giving plasma since having Covid-19, as I have the antibodies and apparently they can use it to help people in ICU, and they ask me about anti-coagulants every time. Last time I asked why this is important and they said it had to do with the potential for bleeding at the injection site. So, probably the same reasoning for the vaccination.

The media has been all over the virus mutation in GB, but there is also one in S Africa. Both seem to be more infectious than the current strain and they have yet to determine their severity.

The major concern in this case of various mutations is would the mutations render the current vaccines ineffective. Nobody so far has said this is happening. But it is being looked into in several different ways. Hopefully the current vaccines will still be efficacious. We shall see. The head of the German company that made the Pfizer product said they can change the vaccine if needed within days. But the time to manufacture and distribute new vaccines would be problematic.
So let's hope that the mutations are not too significant. Also different vaccines may have somewhat broader spectrums. The mRNA vaccines may be very specific for the spike protein type. Other vaccines using inactivated viruses may have a broader spectrum. So we are all getting a nice update on molecular biology.

Back