Staying the Course -- April 21, 2020

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting to see how many new cases are resulting from the relaxed orders about closing beaches and other public places in Orange County California. News helicopters captured many pictures of people not wearing masks, people violating the safe distance rules, and violating other restrictions that should keep us safe.
Today, the California Governor is issuing an order closing all State beaches and recreational areas. If any Orange County city opens the beaches anyway, they would probably be in direct violation of the Governor's order.

I belong to a group of Internet Journalists, and some are speculating about how many people may have gotten COVID-19 at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which was held in January.

Another almost random thing that I've seen proposed -- instead of strict 'shelter in place' rules, a social 'bubble' has been proposed. People will only be allowed into one bubble -- they can't join another 'bubble.'

To me, this kind of makes sense. Aside from the mental health benefits that come with allowing people to be with other friends or acquaintances, I suspect that maybe one or more has already had COVID-19 (maybe without even knowing it) and may be able to spread immunity to others in the group.

But - this is just a proposal. We'll have to wait to see what the 'scientists' have to say about it, and how they'll even be able to enforce the rules that keep individuals from belonging to more than one bubble. It may work - but it sounds like it has the potential for an amazing invasion of privacy.

Latest posts

Back