Staying the Course -- 12/23/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
'Twas the day before Christmas Eve, and it is storming like crazy here. High winds, torrential rain.

Stay the Course everyone!

My nice Christmas surprise; I was walking my dog yesterday when a car pulled up beside me and someone jumped out. I was little startled, but it turned out to a gal from the core fitness class I had been taking for 3 years before having to suspend participation last March pending the aortic aneurysm surgery, which I then had done in September. My classmate Sharon gave me a great big hug and said folks in the class miss me very much. I told her I'm on track to finish cardiac rehab around Valentine's Day, and plan to return to class then.

It is nice to be missed, especially when a reunion is in sight.

Cheers all,
Superbob
🦸‍♂️🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️

Last edited:
Christmas here here in MN. It’s been warm all week (30s F) so people were getting worried the snow would all melt. Looks like we’re safe though, roads are black and everything else is white. Perfect. Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, solstice, Festivus for the Rest of Us, whatever it is you celebrate or don’t, I wish you a peaceful and happy close to the year.

Christmas here here in MN. It’s been warm all week (30s F) so people were getting worried the snow would all melt. Looks like we’re safe though, roads are black and everything else is white. Perfect. Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, solstice, Festivus for the Rest of Us, whatever it is you celebrate or don’t, I wish you a peaceful and happy close to the year.

Best wishes back to you, dornole. Warm all week 30sF, yeah we dig that in Carolina....not! :) Sounds like it's very scenic in MN and just about perfect except for the icy/black roads.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! @dornole , good that you’ve got snow; I don’t think anyone else in our group does! It’s a balmy 68 degrees in southern Missouri. I’m baking pumpkin pies and turkey early, so the house cools off before the family arrives this afternoon. Superbob, you’ve got real motivation with a class of women awaiting your February return! Anne, I hope you feel better soon. To all Stay the Coursers, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! @dornole , good that you’ve got snow; I don’t think anyone else in our group does! It’s a balmy 68 degrees in southern Missouri. I’m baking pumpkin pies and turkey early, so the house cools off before the family arrives this afternoon. Superbob, you’ve got real motivation with a class of women awaiting your February return! Anne, I hope you feel better soon. To all Stay the Coursers, Merry Christmas!
Well, Duffey, there are several guys in the class too (otherwise, I wouldn't be brave enough to be in the class), but I confess I am partial to the gals. Especially the teacher Sarah -- best fitness instructor ever, and she cares about all, and brings and welcomes laughter in the classes. Yeah, I really miss it, and it is pleasing for an old man for so many women to at least SAY they miss him. ; ) Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy new year all!

Back