Staying the Course -- 12-10-2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Folks, I believe interest is waning in maintaining this spot for discussing our fitness quest, weight-loss (or maintenance) plans and resolve, related heart issues, and just the variety of experiences along life's course. I know we still have a small but hardy group out there, and I know the holidays have a way of consuming our free time (albeit in a mostly jolly way)....Anyway, I am mulling our just taking a break for rest of December and then posting a Happy New Year thread on January 1 and seeing if a fresh start rekindles enthusiasm. I can put just a brief greeting here first of the remaining weeks, if that's helpful.... In any event.....

Holiday cheers,
Superbob

Hey, SB. For some reason I have been quiet on the entire site the past couple months. I can almost trace it back to Hank's post about shutting down the site. Also, I don't see many posts anymore. Maybe others are drifting away as well. Too bad because this site has been a great support for me. But lately I feel like I'm going through the motions of checking in. Nothing to do with you, personally. Maybe I just don't have anything to contribute aside from a few "have a great day" type of comments. I'm not making progress with weight loss so I have nothing to share about that either.

So, if you want to take a December break, I have no objections.

On another note, how have you been affected by the winter storm? Hope you are staying warm!

I've been fiarly quiet on the forum for a while now too. Firstly because of being very busy with DS who has ASD and has just moved to a flat. He's getting most of his support from me and DH although a support company comes a bit. DS has a lot of problems which is very stressful for me and DH to deal with. I've also got continuing shoulder problems, quite a lot of pain with that, plus costochondritis which is worse since the shoulder problem. I like to stick around on the forum though, and I hope it does not close down as it is an invaluable resource for people coming up to surgery..

Getting ready for Christmas now....wishing everyone the best !

We've all got our challenges -- Paleo, yours sound particularly difficult right now. For my part, I have posted rather sparingly because I have a monthly quota of work to make max extra check (which I need, having no golden parachute into retirement) and it's difficult to keep pace sometimes working at a busy home with lots of chores and distractions and no office.

Anyway....I will keep doing at least a brief opening post each week....and I'll try to be more chipper,

Okay my real problem: we are keeping my son's big ol' yellow lab (cause son had to get an apartment when his marriage fell apart) -- in addition to our own dog. And big old yellow awakens me -- no-nonsense -- at 7 a.m. each day. Problem is I am a night owl, often not turning in til after midnight. Thus I am sleep-deprived. Obvious answer is for me to go onto Dasher dog's schedule and go to bed by 11 -- thus leaving 8 hours for sleep. It is hard to change set ways -- but the doggie's sure not going to change. Now you know why I am grumpy sometime.

Nevertheless, I LOVE my exercise class and I plank on.

I've been delinquent lately, too busy. Maintained my weight through Thanksgiving. The next challenge is Christmas!
This past week I passed the 500 mile mark for the year in my walk/run log. I need to do more than that next year.
SB, I would loan my dog to you if I could. She's nocturnal. Weekends she's awake at 6 AM to go for a run or walk. Then sleeps all day.
I sure hope this site continues.
So we're approaching the dreaded New Year's resolutions lists. Maybe we can post our thoughts on that in the next couple weeks?
Hope everyone has happy holidays.

Hello all of you. Yes, busy time of year, thoughts of board shutting down uneasiness, holidays, and life in general, has a way of taking us in all different directions.

I can relate to most of the postings. Autistic Granddaughter that is 18 and will graduate HS this spring. Then what? Like HB I have no weight loss to report. The only thing most of the "old" people here in our area of AZ do is EAT. It seems their doctors never have an issue with their weight for some reason, and I am talking the none so skinny ones? Makes me think a New Years resolution is in order for me. Oh well, guess that is the nature of us all being different. (lil crabby here too as our dawg has decided she needs to get up at 3 am the last few nights, WTH)

SB, I have no problem if you want to post a quick hello or take time away from board. Tells me your life is busy and filled. It is such a GOOD thing. Wish I had the stamina and may have to find some as, like you, I have no golden egg retirement. Medical bills have taken care of any thought of that. I could claim disability but just cannot bring myself to it. Sometimes a girl's pride is all there is left.

Yep, Christmas is coming. Abundant sunshine and 70's in the desert southwest. Not too bad...........have a good rest of the week friends!

Latest posts

Back