Staying the Course -- 12-03-2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen -- Coursers all!

Opening a new Staying the Course Week here late Monday night. Enjoyed comments of those of you who checked in last week.

My news is that my daughter who was corporate-restructured out of a great job she held for several years in global IT has landed likely an even better job as a manager of IT faculty in a large university. It followed almost half a year of frustrating job search. Process is not easy -- she was in the finals for several jobs -- but I think the one she landed is the best of all. And right here just before Christmas is special. She starts on the 17th.

Medicare -- made a switch of prescription plans that will save us a few coins. Just be glad when all the "Open Enrollments" commercials cease at the end of this week.

Exercise class continues on swimmingly. Course is so good our room is now packed. Hope they can expand it -- actually I would like it 3 or 4 times a week instead of just 2.

Okay I know it's been quiet in here lately -- probably because we're into a busy (though hopefully joyous) time of year.

We'll keep the light on -- drop in and say hello if you can.

Cheers,

Superbob

Superbob, you and Motel 6 are keeping the lights on for us, lol Hey, I like reading that people have full exercise classes and that you would like even more days. Such a great statement to make here please keep pulling me along, lol I need a bit of a push or inspiration at this time. Oh and about your daughters new job. Firm believer that one door closes and opens others. So happy for you all. Been through some of this with my children and now I have 2 sons that appear to be "lifers" at current jobs. Guess I could say same for my dd as she has her hands full being a widow with 3 children age 1 through 18. She doesn't have much choice but I encourage her a lot and tell her the pay "stinks" but the benefits are "priceless"

Yesssireee, the fellow coursers are probably busy with the seasonal offerings. Me? I am hanging with the old people and soaking up the beautiful AZ weather. Getting colder now. 60's this week so will have to find my sweatshirt, lol. Now before you get a little envy(if anyone reads this even) Yesterday, I spent all day in the local dentist office with a cracked tooth, extraction, bone graft, and mouth full of stitches. Took 5 antibiotic tabs before they started and am on some kind of steroid for few days, bad looking blue/black mouthwash, another week of antibiotics, and half a bottle of narcotics (partridge in a pear tree)

Have a great week all!

Dental work is bad, dental work on steroids (which it seems you had) -- even worse, Hope all the discomfort is diminishing and the pleasant AZ weather is helping.

Yep, REALLY quiet here this week. We can regroup early in the new year and see if the interest is still here in STC....

meanwhile I will keep the light on....

Keep on stayin' the course....

Superbob

Back