Staying the Course -- 11-26-2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Cranking up another week. Wish I had more inspiring stuff to start with. Best I can do is to say that seniors in core fitness are now lobbying the club to start a senior "spinning" aka cycling class. You know, that's where bunch of folks cram in a room and pedal like crazy at direction of some super-fit instructor. SOme of these seniors are way less senior than I am. Nevertheless, I may give it a whirl, as long as I can pedal at my own pace. This would be maybe a 20-minute spin after our hour-long regular class, so that's pushing it.

Other than that, head spinning with numbers from Medicare supplement plans to choose from, or keeping the one I have. Won't belabor all that.

Anyway, we stay the course, as best we can.

Best to all....

Superbob

I am tip toeing in here as all seems to be pretty quiet. SB....Way to Go! You inspire me and I need to get off my butt and do something.

Anne, I hope you get your DS settled and happy with his new digs. It is so dang hard to follow but like they say.....we have to give them roots and wings. Then we cry when they grow up and get their own lives. I wish you peace in all of this change.

Nothing much new here. One of my teeth cracked today so will have to find a good out of state dentist. Ugh! and no I will not be going to Mexico for "cheap" dental work. Quite a few people end up with C Diff and problems when they go to their regular dentist to fix what they had done. Borders here are pretty busy here now as you probably all hear on the news. I am not that pressed for getting my picture on tv, lol

Anyway.....I hate going to the dentist but that will be my course in near future. My INR is off as I have had a lengthy cold and have had to take some extra meds for that. Go back the 17th and hope it will be back to norm. Haven't done much of anything except renew my friendships down here. I do enjoy that a lot and also met some new friends. Life is good and I am staying the course even being off course a little :)

Oh and I finally got my flu shot! Yayyyy!

I'm still here (at work. . . had to get some rest). We are slowly getting back to normal after having our daughter, son-in-law and two pre-school aged grandsons for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Every time they visit we are reminded why it is that you have your children while you are younger. They are in perpetual motion and take tons of energy to supervise.

We were able to do some of the things we planned. The hit of the weekend (aside from grandma's TG dinner, that is) was the visit to the holiday electric train display at the Chicago Botanic Garden. This is an annual event that runs from Thanksgiving weekend through New Year's Day. They build a super train layout that fills 4 large exhibit rooms. The display includes replicas of many, many prominent Chicago buildings and landmarks, with the trains going from one to another of them. The neat thing is that all of the displays are made from only natural botanic materials (plants, woods, ferns, etc.). The models are whimsical in that they are not photo-perfect replicas. The materials are not perfect. They were once plants, with all of their bends, bumps, wiggles and so forth. It is a bit like a high-resolution cartoon depicting the city. The grandsons loved it! Of course, I have to admit the I was smitten with it as well.

I've been a total slug when it comes to my fitness schedule. I have been to the gym maybe 3 or 4 days over two weeks. I've been back at work all this week, but only had the energy to go to the gym once. I'll get back to it next week, I think.

Hope everyone stays healthy. I've been doing well in that arena, and don't like to be alone there. . .

Hi all,

My son cooked on turkey day, which was fine by me. With a few exceptions I’’ve done the thanksgiving meal since the age of 17 and I’’m now 64. Glad to skip one. And he did a good job on the bird; much more moist than ones I’’ve cooked.

Work is a little unstable. I work for Jacobs Engineering and they’ sold our Energy; Chemicals and Refining division to Worley Parsons. ECR has not made much money because of the downturn in the oil industry and Jacobs got an offer they couldn’’t refuse. WP’s focus is on upstream (I.e., off-shore platforms) and our downstream focus on refineries and chemical plants is said to be complimentary, not competitive. I hope so; would hate to see our people lose their jobs.

Personally, my tech writing project is wrapping up. It was supposed to run 2-3 years but the client changed the scope on document development. Fortunately, my other client anticipates an increased workload next year so that gives me a reprieve while bosses look for more work for our group. So concerned but not overly so.

As as far as staying the course, I’ve not done more than my usual watch my diet and dancing. No gains or losses. I’ll take it.

Enjoy your our weekend all~

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back